• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is this all part of the same Chair

Started by philbach, August 27, 2009, 08:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

:-\The attached photo I believe is from the Galveston Historical Foundation.  I've treated this photo with channel mixer and levels.  I am finally getting around to the left side of the photo where there appears to be a Bannister Back Arm Chair along the left margin.   In the left forground there appears to be a Bannister Back Leg but it does not seem to be in the proper proportion and may in fact be another chair.  Just wondering if I am looking at one chair or one chair and another chair's leg?

phil

battleaxe

hello,
  looks to me like it is one chair,distorted.  The dark botch between the large chair and the smaller is flooring I think....

Good luck on this one.....heres a hug  :hug: you may need a few of them

lurch

I too think it's one chair. If there were another there would be more evidence here and there. Besides, there are already signs of slippage in the dresser. So it's not unreasonable to think the chair leg migrated also.
<C>

schen

I think the size is too big to be the same chair but I can't make anything else out of it.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Phil, I will check with the GHF and see if they have an answer.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

Thanks everybody.  I'll see if Margie can get some info.  I've got plenty more to do on this project and will probably ask some more questions. 
phil

Mhayes

Phil, I got this email from Jami Durham at the GHF:
QuoteI believe that is a separate piece of furniture, in addition to the chair in the left margin. Possibly a bed post. If this is Ashton Villa, by the way the windows are laid out it has to be either the southwest corner of Bettie's bedroom, or the southwest corner of the large double parlor downstairs. I'm leaning towards it being Bettie's bedroom....
Bring what details back that you can and the rest will have to stay as they are in the original.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

philbach

phil

Hannie

Hi Phil,

It looks like a bed post to me, part of the bed seems to be showing?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

I believe your right.  I'll post something later today on where I am.  There are lots of interesting decisions on this photo to make.
phil

philbach

Well I have a lot more work to do on this with lots of spots yet but this is where I am now.  I would appreciates some comments on this before I do some more.  Thanks
phil

battleaxe

WOW......great job.    Only comment I have beside wow is that I think that  the bed post should go off the pic not stay on the rug.    :up: