• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I don't play hockey ...

Started by Atlantis, August 20, 2009, 07:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

We don't play that much hockey where I live, icehockey as we call it, we do play normal hockey on a field of grass.
I'm working on this cute hockey boy and wonder about the red&black thing on the left. Could it be a giant sweater or an adult wearing the sweater?
I can also see a clear protector on his right - our left - leg, would the other one be the same or have the image mirrored or even something completely different?
Álso there seems to be something that looks like a object for a workout in the down right corner.
The blue channel gave me a lot of info on the boy itself but the outer parts have more damage which is harder to look through. Thanks for having a look!

original:

blue channel:

work in progress:

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

kiska

mmmmmm. Maybe he's just dressed for a cold day, with boots on......or not. The red and black thing is a jacket on the back of a chair or hanging from the wall.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tori803

Looks like he's showing off all his new gifts: new hat, new coat, new backpack, new boots. The exercise device on our right looks like two objects, maybe a round weight lying on something else. The image on the boots looks like Porky Pig.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

schen

I see a red and black adult jacket on his right.  Bandit cartoon character on the boots. 
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

kiska

On our right maybe a stepping stool or high chair.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Atlantis

Thanks for your help.
The high chair idea is interesting and more plausible than my weightidea, also the showing off new clothes idea sounds more obvious than my hockey idea. I'll be looking for bandit characters on boots now.

Atlantis

I'm starting to think its a girl judging from the headwear.

The LABchannel set to colourburn gave me a little more info on the red sweater.

If the thing on the right is part of a highstool it should be brownish but to be honest I'm still not sure about its true nature.
And I took the liberty to duplicate and flip the almost intact boot.

Any pointers on how to improve the finishing touch are welcome.

Hannie

Looks really good Atlantis!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Very good Atlantis.

I think the boots were shorter.  The black triangles seem like at the place of the tongue (the horizontal surface).  The leg of the chair behind might not be any longer than what the original shown.

The boy/girl and the chair leg seem a bit taller.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Atlantis

Thanks.
I shortened all 3 legs and also found some sloppy masking on the boots and repaired it.
He/she is flying home now.

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]