• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Sad News

Started by Mhayes, August 08, 2009, 02:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jneil2

He was a very sweet man, and I am very moved by the outpouring of kind remarks by our forum members.

Jan

Candice

Correction on the date. 

Btw, the flower behind Ray came from his yard and is called a "Cats claw Cactus"  He posted it on flickr on June the 1st.  I thought it would be appropriate, when asked to help the family,  to use his own work for the picture for the memorial.  Humble to be part and sad to have lost a friend, am I. 

Amazing the friends you meet through the internet!! And you're part of them.

Candice

schen

I have been busy and was away from the forum for few days.  Just came back and learned the sad new.  I will miss Ray.  He is a good man.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Charlene5

He was a good and loving man and I will miss him.  He always made me laugh when I was sure all I wanted to do was take a hammer to Photoshop.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Candice

Received this from Roslyn this morning. Thought I'd share it with you all.

------------------------------------------------------
The funeral has been arranged for Friday 14 August 09 at 9.30am.

I don't know if you will have time to send a flower arrangement to the service as it is only about 36 hours away.  It's 9.30pm here on Wednesday night.

If you do address the flowers it needs to go to;

Funeral of Ray Norman
West Chapel Crematorium
Pinegrove Memorial Park
Kington Street
Minchinbury  NSW  2770
Australia

Regards,
Roslyn

----------------------
The first delivery day is on the day of the service and the time cannot be guaranteed.  My husband and I opted to send flowers to Ray's sisters home.  She would welcome your words and cards too.  I have provided the link for a FTD Florist.  As I was told only certain things can go to Australia.  Prayers welcome also.   

Below is Ray's sister's address.

Mrs Irene Robertson
Site 72
Nepean River Holiday Village
Mackellar Street
Emu Plains  NSW  2750 
Australia

http://www.ftdfloristsonline.com/flowers/product/bright-arrangement-in-ceramic-container/display
Candice

glennab

Candy, you're the best for being our "social director."  The portrait of Ray is awesome.  I'm going to make it part of the display on my new digital photo frame.

I don't know if it's my age (240 this year!  Wowser), but while I mourn Ray's loss and am grief-stricken for his family, my main feeling is gratitude for knowing such a wonderful, sharing man whose sense of humor was priceless.  I'm amazed at the volume of restorations on his resumé.  That has to count very highly with whoever keeps score of our "pluses" and "minusus."

I keep the following sentiment in my "treasure box" for occasions like this, as it gives me great comfort.  I hope it does the same for Ray's beloved family, both in Australia and in OPR.

"We can't know why the lily has so brief a time
to bloom in the warmth of sunlight's kiss upon its face
before it folds its fragrance in and bids the world good-night
to rest its beauty in a gentler place.
But we can know that nothing that is loved is ever lost,
and no one who has ever touched a heart
can really pass away, because some beauty lingers on
in each memory of which they've been a part." -- Ellen Brenneman

Ray, may the continuation of your journey be filled with light.  You'll be so missed and always loved.

To Ray's family: I mourn your loss, but I also know that you are so fortunate to have had this wonderful man as part of your life.  Rejoice in that and allow it to soothe your sadness.

With much love

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

I posted what y'all have written on facebook today. 

Roslyn wrote:  Thanks for sharing Candice, I had a look, it's beautiful what some people have written.
Candice

Mhayes

Thanks Candice!

Thanks also to Tess for ordering a wreath to be sent to the funeral from all of us. She managed to meet the deadline in time for the service. The wreath will be covered in native flowers which Ray loved. The card will read:

QuoteRay will be remembered forever in our hearts for his wonderful giving nature and sense of humour. His work will live on in our gallery and the photos he restored.

From Operation Photo Rescue

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

:up: Wonderful and I'm sure that family appreciated it. 
Candice

Candice

Hi Candice,

This note is to let you know Irene received the flowers from you and your husband and wants to thank you very much, they were beautiful.

Also, I saw the note on the OPR website about the wreath of flowers. I made mention of it in my speech and what was to be written on the card. Thank you to everyone for their lovely words and condolences. Thank you for the wreath of flowers, they were beautiful!

Sincerely,
Roslyn
Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]