• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Latest WIP

Started by hoodman3, July 09, 2009, 08:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

This one was not too difficult, but I would like comments. Also, what do you think about the lines in the upper left corner? It's obvious that the photo was pieced together, so they could be pieces that the owner arranged and I should remove them.

Thanks in advance,
Pete
Windows XP, CS3

glennab

Hi Pete

I think we're looking at tape (suggested by the jagged end), and I'd lose it .  Also, it appears to me as if the splotchiness in the background is mold.  I'd lose that, too, as well as the mar in the bottom, which looks like torn paper. IMHO.  Sir.

GK

P.S.  Have you tried copying the good sides of the nearly-featureless boy's face and replacing the missing pieces with those copies?  It might take some distortion to make him look right, but I believe you can reclaim a little more of his visage that way.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

hoodman3

Glennab,

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure if I can agree with you on the background splotches. If they were mold damage to the photo then wouldn't they show up on some of the faces? I'm definitely getting rid of the lines in the upper left corner and I'm not through with the face of the little guy on the lower right or the man's right boot.

Thanks again,
Pete

Windows XP, CS3

lurch

Pete,

It also looks to me like the background splotches are mold (at least the smaller ones). Too random to be the dark spots in a painted backdrop. And I've seen damage that seems to follow the edges of an image component.
<C>