• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Drawn Hair or other hair?

Started by randomeyesight, June 13, 2009, 01:46:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomeyesight

Long time since I've been able to do a restoration for here! I thought I eased myself back into it but alas once again I have been tricked by my eyes! I thought oh that won't be too hard and then I started working on it...... and yup I'm out of practice with colour restoration! Been doing too many black and whites around here.

So the areas I'm looking for on feedback are: overall appearance, which one looks better and do I go with cloned hair or drawn hair or just start all over again!? Also I'm thinking the red in the bottom is part of a feather boa or something of the like - if I"m wrong please feel free to let me know :) Thanks :D

TerryB

Nicely done.

I'd suggest #2, just soften the hair a  bit with a slight blur to match the facial features.

And I'm guessing the pumped-up red was intentional in the original glamor portrait.

I'd buy boa, too, but there appears to be a slight line through it across the bottom, might want to clean that up.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

kiska

I vote for #1. Soften that dark glob where the forehead and hair meet.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

lurch

#1 for me, too. That's what the original has, and it looks more natural besides.
<C>

randomeyesight

Thanks for the input :) I'll keep working on the first one then! Hopefully I can get it down this weekend.