• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Feedback

Started by annekm, May 31, 2009, 10:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annekm

Hello,

I'm just about done with my first image and I just want to make sure that I did everything up to par.
I am open to any suggestions if you feel something can be done better.

Thanks!
Anne

iMac, CS5; NAPP Member

Hannie

Hi Anne,

Congratulations on your first restore, it looks beautiful!
2 very minor picks:  the girl's dress is of a lighter shade of blue and the the levels could have some more adjustment (RGB).

Great job!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

philbach

Well I think you did a fine job.  I placed samplers on her sweater and noticed that the blue values were less than the R&G.  I applied a Color Balance Adjustment Layer /Midtones with the values of +12 for Cyan and Red; -7 for Magenta and Green; and +21 for yellow blue.

I felt that adjustment to the skin tones only might be beneficial.  But hey, what you have done looks fine to me.
phil

annekm

Good eyes! That was the stuff I needed. I lightened the dress a tad. The skin adjustments were a little more difficult. My monitor isn't calibrated but when I looked at the adjustments for the skin tones it seemed to be a bit too much. So I decided to mask everything but the skin, do the adjustment and lowered the opacity to 50% and it seemed to work from my end.

Thank you so much for your input! Can't wait for the next one: )

Anne

iMac, CS5; NAPP Member

Mhayes

Anne, great job on your first restore!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

annekm

Thanks, Margie! Great job on the Weather Channel. Even though I've seen the video, I have the Weather Channel on in the background just in case it comes on. :)
iMac, CS5; NAPP Member