• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Logo search

Started by Atlantis, May 18, 2009, 11:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

I'm working on a slowcooker with not much damage in the faces but lots of damage in the background ...
Anyway, one of the models is wearing a t-shirt with this logo :

and I wonder if anyone of you americans recognizes the logo. I can see two ships and the words

.. Chip (???)  Island Excursion Ferry
something warped in between both lines

since 1928

I tried some channels but it did not help me yet, I managed to see the most in the blue channel though.
I wonder if the ships should be all black or would the red be part of the original logo.

Thanks a lot for staring for me!

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Mhayes

Atlantis,

I think the name is suppose to read Ship Island Excursion Ferry. Here is their website and also some history: http://msshipisland.com/Home_Page.html

The top part looks similar on the logo, but when I did a Google search, I came up with both the 1929 date and the 1926.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Atlantis

Here's the cleanest version I could get of the logo.  It's definitely Ship Island Excursion Ferry,
the word COAST is in the fold, and the year is SINCE 1928.

I hope that helps.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Atlantis

Ah, thanks! So Ship is the name of an island. Every day I learn something new.
It seems to me that both ships are not exactly the same and that the logo on the website features more modern ships than the ones showing on the shirt.
I'm guessing the font in the black bar is Arial rounded and I might try to create a warped fontlayer to blend in. I tried tracing but it looked like a childsfont at first try :D . The capitals with coast and since 1928 look traceable.

There are more challenges in this restore like a couch with a plaid cover ... and wood panelling on the wall (with of course different patterns in the panels) plus some bodyparts hidden in the damage. ..
I tried different methods and finally decided to combine the best of all.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

glennab

Hi Atlantis

If Arial doesn't fit, try Helvetica- bold for the reverse type and medium for the rest.  It may or may not be rounded, because the screen printing would lose some of the crisp aspect of the lettering, and it's difficult to tell with the damage.

Good luck with this one!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)