• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

My First Galveston Restore

Started by lurch, May 09, 2009, 08:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

I picked this one because I thought it would be good to build a tutorial on. Not nearly as hard as it looks since the damage is mostly red and yellow, but hard enough because it has eyes in it. I think it's done, but someone always comes up with another thing that needs doing. That's your job, of course.

In the original, it looks like the dark suit is completely plugged up and the white shirt is nearly blown out. That made those parts that much easier but brings up the question - should I dodge and burn a little detail in or just leave well enough alone? I'm not above working to make a restoration better than it started out. That's sort of bending OPR's rules, though.

And you're right Hannie - he is a good-looking young man ^-^
<C>

Niksmum

Hi there
The left hand side of the nose looks too bulbous to me. I also think he has a five o'clock shadow

Irene

schen

The mystery of the yellow damage is that the eyes and other facial features were usually preserved in the blue channel:

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

lurch

QuoteThe mystery of the yellow damage is that the eyes and other facial features were usually preserved in the blue channel:
. . . which is why I figured it was going to be a fairly easy one, Shugen. Even with a good channel, though, eyes are hard to get right.
<C>

lurch

Niksmum, you have a good eye for nose bulbs. I agree with you about that and the five-o'clock shadow. Back to the old drawing board.
<C>

lurch

Hope this is an improvement. Thanks to Niksmum's eagle eye it looks less painted now, at least.

If no one else has further suggestions, I'll send this home. Tutorial's coming soon.
<C>

hoodman3

LURCH,

The photo looks great to me. Nice work!

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Lurch, really beautiful restore!

:up2:

Hannie

(don't you think he looks a little like Barack Obama?)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Lurch, that is a wonderful restoration!   :up:
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6