• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A long WIP

Started by G3User, April 25, 2009, 02:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

This from Hannie and I have persevered with separate luminosity and color layers for this one.

Boredom set in working on luminosity all the time so I started on color for some variety but am finding it to be more difficult than I expected.

Luminosity is on a single layer and I have 20 or so masked color layers. As the final color is a combination of the color selected, fill for the layer and the brightness of the underlying luminosity, I seem to be able to spend a large amount of time going between them on a trial and error basis.

Are there any tricks to this method I should know?

I suspect I should have kept the luminosity information on separate masked layers as well to make it easier.

Hannie, I will be away for the first three weeks of May so it will probably be early June before I finish.

Athol

Hannie

Athol that looks great! 
I don't know anything much about working in luminosity so I cannot help your there, perhaps one of our gurus can give you tips!  I work from the blue channel or I just lower the saturation in the yellows and start cloning like crazy.

The boys hair seems to be less reddish to me and there could be some shading applied to the walls(e.g. the picture frames)  but you are still working on this one so ignore my chomping at the bit!

I hope your trip will go well and that you have a good time!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Hannie, will be in touch when we get back

Athol