• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Getting a grip

Started by G3User, April 02, 2009, 02:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

I didn't read the message until I had been working on this for a couple of weeks, seems appropriate somehow.

Need some suggestions about the background under those words. The triangle to the right of each letter G is part of something but I cant decide what it is. It appears to extend to the right of the T as the otherwise blue background is missing. Suggestions please, I have done a rough repair with all blue which looks over the top.

Will probably desaturate the skin tones slightly before I finish and adjust the noise

By the way, I just discovered that double clicking on the image in the post opens a less compressed version, makes it much easier to see detail :up2:

Thanks

Athol

GP

Hi Athol,
you did a fantastic job on this picture. I don't really have any suggestions for your dilemma. I remember that there were a lot of pictures from this family. Maybe someone could check, if he is wearing the shirt in any of the other photos and could send you this as a reference.
Good luck  :up:

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

haleygd

COLORADO ROCKIES...  Colorado is in the top strip and Rockies is in the bottom strip
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

G3User

Thanks Gerlinde

Not sure why but the more I learn, the slower I seem to be getting

Haley, thanks for the suggestion. The problem I have is with the objects on the blue background behind " get a grip"

Looking after my granddaughter today so not much progress, I think I will just fudge it

haleygd

Sorry about that... I think it is just a bunch of rocks or mountain side. I think the Get A Grip is a reference to rock climbing though I wasn't able to find any direct references.
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Hannie

It is a golf t shirt, couldn't find one like it on line though...

Great restore Athol!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Sounds like "get a grip" can have multiple meanings. It as appropriate to rock climbing and golf but here it usually is used flippantly to tell someone to get over an emotional outburst.

Done the final trim and it is on its way back

Mhayes

Great restore Athol! I think maybe we will have to hand out t-shirts with that message on them for those who do these last remaining photos in our gallery.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]