• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A summer day

Started by Johnboy, March 23, 2009, 11:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnboy

OK folks it is time top put on your spot removing glasses. This one must have been in front of a 12 gauge shotgun.  ;D  So take a look to see if I have missed any spots. I also straightened it and cropped it some.

Original

WIP

Thanks for the help.

Johnboy

P.S. I used Pete's suggestion of File>Save for Web. It does remove all the file information.

Candice

Candice

haleygd

Hi John,
Look at a reduce noise filter, I used a reduce color noise to good success on your posted photo (had to mask mom's shirt to preserve the red pin stripes). I then did a selective color adjustment masked to just work on the upper corners to reduce the magenta and bring out the blues and greens.  Hope that helps.

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Johnboy

Gary,

Thanks for the suggestion but I am running Photoshop from CS. Do you have a work around for CS to accomplish the same result?

Johnboy

Johnboy

After I posted the question to Gary I remembered a suggestion from Glenna a couple of my restores in the past about using the High Pass filter. So I went back and checked the post to remember what to do. Then I did a High Pass filter on a duplicate layer set at 2.0 with the Blend mode set at Overlay. I also did a Levels adjustment to all 3 RGB channels moving the white and black sliders as needed. I also did a slight burn on the young ladies white top to knock down some of the brightness. I think there is a definite improvement.

Latest version

Let me know what you think.

Johnboy