• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lexie 1957-58

Started by Candice, March 14, 2009, 01:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Bootlegging? Is that anything like Bootleg? Hic!! 

No probably not.  I agree however on the premise that pictures that have something as central as a nose (excuse the pun) really need to turned away UNLESS there is another picture that can provide that feature.  It is so important to how the 'real' person looks. 

I'll keep working on it until I don't! 

Keep looking in those channel, maybe the missing link is still out there.

Hugs,
Bets
Candice

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Bets, this is nice from an artsy point, but it is getting further from looking like the original. I realize that the original was a bear and you have done wonders with it. I like the version where you had taken your copy and overlaid Hannie's. The shoulders were a little wide on that one, but I think it was the closest of all that you have done.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I realize that there is a good way to go, but I actually found the nose!!!  It's very well hidden, but their was just a small portion I could see.   So what do you think?
=====================================

I've tried to incorporate all ya'lls thoughts.  I've pulled the picture for now.  And believe it or not Hannie's was incorporated in this one also. 

:'(  Honestly, I don't know which way to turn with this one now.

Bets
Candice

Ausimax

Hi Bets,

I have been watching with interest your travails with this photo, I know how it feels, I have had my share of those that just don't seem to work regardless of what you do.

My feeling with this one is that you are trying to do too much with it, it is only a very small photo at 2x3, and what you see is more illusion than detail, work toward making it look OK at print size rather than at 100%.

Try copying the disrupted pieced and repositioning them then blending them in, dodge and burn can be useful tools on these monochrome images, but mainly try to tidy up rather than replace.

I know its easy to know how to do somebody else's photo, but I have often been guilty of overworking images myself - trying to get that little extra detail and in the process loosing what was there.

Keep up the good work, it all good practice anyway. :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Candice

Quote from: Ausimax on March 22, 2009, 09:53:25 PM
Hi Bets,

I have been watching with interest your travails with this photo, I know how it feels, I have had my share of those that just don't seem to work regardless of what you do.

Max

I've tried very hard to bring everyone's elses ideas to fruition and somewhere along the way I've lost my way and perspective.   :-\   I'm rather discouraged on this one at this point but I'll get better. 

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement.

Bets
Candice

Candice

Here she is however, I've gone as far as I can.  Any volunteers to help send this young lady home? 

:)
Candice