• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lexie 1957-58

Started by Candice, March 14, 2009, 01:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Candice

Hannie

Bets, don't despair, you are doing a great job!
I compared my interpretation of placement of the eyes to the original and this is what it looks like:

This is what I think the girl may look like, I think that tiny narrow strip in the middle may be the only part on the left of the photo that stayed in the right place and I just lined up the 2 "drifter" pieces to match it.
I know, I know, this really doesn't help!  :D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Thanks Hannie.  I took your photo and overlaid it on my first example, at 75% opacity.  That's the way that I did it when I first posted.  I'll go back to the first and come forward again.

Bets
Candice

Mhayes

Bets, this version looks perfect except for the blotch in the middle of her face. Just kidding!  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

There's a blotch!? :mad:
Candice

Candice

Candice

lurch

<C>

glennab

Bets, she's looking great!  What a bear.

I have a couple of observations, and I've included them in the jpeg file I'm uploading to this post.  I think the shape of her mouth is the most critical part.  For what it's worth from a mostly absentee, but hopefully soon to return (warning! achtung!) on-and-onner.

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

I love you.
I hate pleats!
Shoulder seam... where's the seamstress?
and IF I find her mouth I may bite you!!  LOL 

And nose?  What nose and in what channel? ???

Pooey........... back to the photoshop drawing board.    :crazy:

Steb....... okay, now I've lost it!

Candice

Candice

I'm just about ready to scrap this picture for a bit.  I am not pleased with this one and believe me I've tried ALL the suggestions.  Keeping them in mind I might have to stop trying so hard and go back to square one, seriously.  But the picture above is the latest rendition.  There are quite a few things NOT looking right to me however, I may have been looking at it for far to long.

I'll be back.  :-*
Candice

hoodman3

Bets,

I feel your pain. We all have. There are many photos that I've returned that still haunt me.
I'm not sure who or what the QC is, but maybe we need some access in our time of need.
Keep up the good work!

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

Hannie

Bets, don't forget that you are working on a photo that nobody else even wanted to try.  For that you are a hero!
Don't be too hard on yourself, you have come a long way and from what I have seen from you so far I'm more than confident it'll all work out in the end!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

You certainly picked a hard one Bets. I had a very rough go at just the face, hate pleats and patterns. :) I ended up with her face more looking at the camera and her nose isnt right either.  ??? So I suppose we would all get different results.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

This one should have been a group project.  LOL   
It would be interesting to see the renditions.   

:loveit:
Candice

glennab

Bets, indeed it would be interesting to see how each of us would interpret what little is in this photo.  Maybe we could put all of the versions together and get something useful!  I honestly don't think we should accept photos with so much information obliterated when we do copy runs.  There's no way to get a true visage when you have to guess at the nose!

I've decided that in a case like this one, there's no sense checking the normal channels, so I'm now looking in the mauve, puce, butterscotch, and neon jade channels.  Unfortunately they're only found in CS 2.4.6.8.1, and copies of that version are nearly impossible to obtain.  Mine's a bootleg copy (heavens, don't let that get out!)

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)