• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I Think I'm Done - Finally

Started by PhilmPhalm, March 07, 2009, 11:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilmPhalm

Does anyone think I need to do more to this? Or is there anything I can improve?

Here's a Before and After. I didn't think this image was going to be a difficult as it turned out to be.

"Without challenges life would be boring and pointless."

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Phil,

Beautiful job!  Yes, it is always a surprise to see how much damage there really is in a photo once you download it to your computer. 
If you want to improve it even more you can do a levels adjustment in the separate R, G and blue channels.  (we don't know if the photo originally had off color or if it is because of water damage so we always do some levels adjustment, just to be save)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PhilmPhalm

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the advice, Hannie.
How's this:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PhilmPhalm

Ausimax

Not trying to be a wet blanket, the restoration is great, but on my monitor the Levels adjustment has blown the highlights, particularly on the clothes, even Hannies  example suffers from the same problem.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Hannie

Nice one Max!  The levels correction did blow out the light parts some.  I used a curves adjustment layer with a layer mask and used the black brush to tone down the highlights some.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz