• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Biloxi Police Uniform Colors

Started by haleygd, February 16, 2009, 11:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleygd

Anyone know what the correct uniform colors should be? In the original his shirt looks like a light blue but when I apply my initial color adjustment (curves method), it is shifting towards gray. When I look at some photos on the web, it looks llike Biloxi PD wears a all black uniform. Whereas the MS State Police wear a gray shirt and navy blue pants. But generally troopers where the round DI style hat but this guy has a more traditional policman's hat so I am not sure what organization he is from. Any help is appreciated. Any color tweak affects the woman on his left's outfit too.

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Hannie

Hi Gary,

I don't know the first thing about police uniforms, I did a curves (black and white point) color adjustment and these are the colors I get.
If you want to adjust the color of the shirt but not that of the lady's outfit you can use a layer mask and leave hers out.

You are so brave to pick this one...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Gary. It appears the officers wore powder blue shirts until after Hurricane Katrina.

QuoteThe powder-blue uniform shirt had been worn by officers since the Police Department's inception. Riley changed the uniform after Hurricane Katrina to all-black uniforms.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/07/punished_nopd_officer_kept_his.html
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

Great! and thanks. I started the color adjustment from scratch again and have a blue now. I was trying to make adjustments in Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) before starting work in Photoshop. I am finding that is not a good idea with these OPR photos.
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

cmpentecost

But, is this a Biloxi police officer or New Orleans police officer??  The article Tess attached is for the NOLA police department.

Chris

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

I called the owner and she was so thrilled to hear about her photos. The picture was of her son, a policeman in the town of Pritchard, Alabama (near Mobile). I asked if the photo was dated in the mid 1960s, because of the Ford Mustand and she said that was about right. As to the color, that was left unanswered, but I would go with blue unless research shows different.

She said she often wondered about her photos and that they mean so much, because they are all that is left of some of the family members.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]