• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mould watch

Started by G3User, February 15, 2009, 08:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Still have to work on some shading for the men's suits but every time I look at it I find some more damage. Please cast an eye over it and let me know if anything else is noticeable.

Also I presume that the lapels are a different fabric than the suits, velvet? If so they probably need to have a bit of a shine

Thanks   Athol

haleygd

Hey Athol, looking good so far. Just a couples thoughts for you. I agree the lapels probably are made of some sort of velvet like material and is a darker shade of the suit. I would try to ensure all the suits/tuxedo match in color, it looks like you have some variation especially in the one on our far right. Also I believe all the guys shirts should be white, one on the right has some pink bleed on it. Finally, I was trying to determine the shape of the lapel because I didn't think there was a style that wrapped around the collar as you are showing on the guy on out left. But when I went to Mens Warehouse to look at tuxedos there was one that did that! But I think the top left example below is what you have. Are there any other family group photos that might show them clearer?

Hope this helps, Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

G3User

Hi Gary
Thanks for the input. I think you are correct about the shape of the lapels, now I look closer at the chap on the left there appears to be something like you suggest and I presume all the suits would be the same. I have to add a pocket to the chap on the left yet

I will also look at matching the colour between the suits.

I was uncertain about  the shirt colour, one shirt has a pink tinge and another a hint of green. I wondered if they were to match the dress colour of each man's partner. Unless there are any other thoughts I will make them all white.

Athol

Ausimax

Hi Athol.

It may be worth getting the shirt colour checked out by Margie if possible, in the original it certainly looks like they are colour coordinated with the partners dress, would be a shame to destroy that effect if it in fact exists.

You are doing a great job on a difficult image.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

Hi Athol,

Max is right about the shirts being color coordinated with their partner's dress. You were right in how you have them. Below shows a cropped version of each one. (coral, yellow and white).  Great job as all of these wedding photos were bears on color correcting.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Max and Margie.

Margie, can you tell from any of the other images which of the lapel shapes Gary posted is the best match? I can't be sure from the ones you posted.

I will add the mustache to the chap second from the left and give the chap on the left a bit of a smile, both learned from the images you posted.

10 x 8s are always a lot of fun, I have spent most time at 200% on this one so it will be great to get as near as possible to correct

Athol

Mhayes

Hi Athol,

I am going to download two of these photos at full resolution to you in the hopes it might help. I took one of the photos and did a Shadow/Highlight to the point on changing the color and pixelated it in order to see more detail. I used high pass filter to bring out the edges better. The bad part is which side of the label do you go with, since they are not the same. I'm thinking the one on your right with the flower. As to which of the four examples do I think is the closest--maybe a combination of #1 and #4. The problem you have here is comparing a modern day look to what I believe is a photo that is 20 to 30 years old. If I look at how the family is dressed (especially the little boy's suits), hair styles, and eye glasses; I come away thinking these photos are old.

Now to color coordinated the right fellow to the mustache. I don't think the chap second from your left has a mustache--white shirt. The only one that I think has a mustache would be the last one on your right with the yellow shirt. The 2nd chap on your right with the coral shirt looks like he could, but I think it is shadows.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Got them thanks Margie, will press on and post again shortly

Athol

G3User

Latest version follows.

From the images Margie sent I found that the groom's suit had different lapels to the others in the wedding party. No idea why but I have shaped them that way. The suit images were a great help Gary

Have also added a little more colour to the colour coordinated shirts so I think it is ready to go

Margie, the two images you sent have very different colours, particularly of the suits so if you are happy, I will spend a bit of time and see if I can get them to look more like BittnerG_20_18 . Always happy to help with "some touching up" ;)

Athol

Mhayes

Good as new! :up: Athol, that would great if you want to retouch the others to match suit colors.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

haleygd

You have done a fantastic job, my hat's off to you!
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

cmpentecost

glennab

Hi Athol

What a gorgeous restoration!  One would never guess it had been damaged.  Many kudos!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

G3User

Thanks everyone

I showed my wife your comments and she said I still had to mow the lawn    ::)

Margie, if you can let me have access to the originals of the other two I can probably do a better job

Athol

Candice

Lovely!!  I'm glad to see that there was another practical bride when it came to bridesmaids dresses.  I did something very similar to what she did.  Looked good, saved money for my friends, and they could wear it again once they shortened it!!  Pretty and practical  :)

Bets
Candice