• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I wish!

Started by Ausimax, February 14, 2009, 02:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

This is from "Photoshop CS3 Restoration and Retouching Bible" by Mark Fitzgerald.

Page 275 viewable here by scrolling down the insert. http://www.scribd.com/doc/8029800/Photoshop-CS3-Restoration-and-Retouching-Bible

Maybe we should invite him to join OPR and try some of our "easy" restorations.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Mhayes

Max, how funny! Just about any of the photos left in our galleries would make his look like a walk in the park!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Atlantis

:funny: But I remember clearly finding this level hard when I started ... that's why I think the student gallery is a brilliant idea.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

I can see cloning marks!   ;)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I would not classify that as difficult. 1/2 hour to an hour?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

And this is the sort of book we would be looking at buying to provide help and ideas for our restoration, this just proves we are all "Nuts".

Lets face it I wouldn't touch one of ours with a barge pole if I had to bill the owner. :D
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

glennab

Max, t'would appear that Mr. Fitzgerald hasn't been to the OPR forum!  But then, you're right, if we were to charge for our work on these restorations and do them as our livelihood , we'd all be paupers.  I can hear the howls as we offer an estimate of charges.

In my 300 years in the graphic design field, I've been a constant victim of the 15-minute rule: i.e. you're just "playing with crayons" so it should only take 15 minutes to (fill in the blank).

And my take is that none of US would touch one of ours with a barge pole (love that phrase!) if we had a modicum of sense!  Let's hear it for the loony bin! Let's hear it for brain cell deficiency!  I claim insanity, because I LOVE this job!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

glennab

Chris, thanks for the link.  It'll be worth checking out.  I edited my last post because I don't want OPR to have any problems with an irate author.  We're too unique to have our challenges compared to any "normal" restoration jobs.  I'll withdraw my snarkiness (is there such a word?) and just mumble to myself.  Iron Man's accustomed to that!

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Jokes aside, there is some very useful info in the book, and it can be downloaded in PDF format from the linked site.

Max

Tori803

It occurs to me that the best source of information on restoring badly damaged photos is the experts at OPR. Maybe someone has suggested this before, but perhaps OPR should put together a book and publish it, with the all proceeds going to OPR. I'd buy it!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

cmpentecost

Tori, that's a really good idea!!

Christine

glennab

Tori, you're a genius.  If we had a way to compile all the wisdom contained on this forum, what a book we'd have!  It might be so specialized that only OPR members would need to use most of the techniques, but they'd apply to any restoration-work-lite as well.  I'd want a special copy autographed by all our members.  Talk about a treasure!

GK

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)