• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Horsing Around

Started by Candice, January 30, 2009, 08:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Here's where this one stands.
Candice

weewood

Looking really good, but floor under the horse looks like repeated cloning, but otherwise very nice.  :up2:
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Mhayes

Hi Bet,

Photobucket is down for maintenance and when they are back up I will post how I think the lines of the horse should be. Talk about a picture that looks distorted, this is it! The part of the horse that you see against the girl's back would be part of the leg she is holding up. The belly of the horse would would follow on up to the leg showing. Even though the girl is looking under the horse's belly, she is not in between the two legs. Good start!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

copied your picture and will use as reference
(my dear friend came home and a new journey begins. thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  bets)

i'm pooped... night night  :hug:
Candice

Candice

All the adjustments were made that were pointed out.  At least I think they were.  Here's where things stand right now. 
Candice

Mhayes

Bet, the thing that stands out the most is the fuzzy look to the one leg. The standing leg looks better, but look at how far down the chest is and how high up the belly of the horse is. If you bring the chest up and in a little it wil look better. I would almost go back and try to use more of the detail of the original leg the girl is holding up. On it you will see a space between the girl's pants and the horse's leg, which will give the leg a better shape. The other thing I notice is that the highlights are really blown out on this one. I know it is easier to give advice than work with a photo that has so much missing. Plus, I get carried away, since drawing horses was once my favorite thing.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Riding them was mine when I would stay with my Aunt.  She had a beautiful Tennessee walker that didn't like to walk!  lol :)  Ya, know the more I looked at the original the more I began to see the left leg as the hoof being in the forefront.  Here's where it is tonight. Tomorrow is another day.  Peek at ya later.  Bets 

Candice

Mhayes

I think this is looking good and more balanced. I would find it odd that the left leg is lifted, when the girl is on the right side, but this works.

I too loved riding horses and grew up around them since I was a kid. In Junior High I took my black Morgan mare into the lobby of the school. I can't remember if I did that late in the afternoon after school was out or on the weekend. I do know that once I turned her around on the rubber matting and was headed out, I got caught! It was the janitor and he threaten to turn me in--he didn't. Some 20 years later I told my Mom and she was not amused!

Later after getting married, we moved to the country and I had a Quarter/Arab filly and a full Arabian colt that I got to raise and train. I couldn't resist posting a picture of my beloved Arabian, Nedjur. How time flies <sigh>.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie it sounds like you were a handful then and yet you look so sweet and innocent here together with Nedjur...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

I believe the easiest way to lift the hoof off the ground is to nudge the horse away from that leg while pulling it up.  I can't imaging standing on the right and nudge the horse to the right at the same time.

My father was a horse vet during WWII.  Although he took me out horseback riding only once in my life, I still remember he kept tacks around in the house.  That influenced my decision to take some horseback riding lessons many years ago.  At one point, I was able to jump a two foot even oxer.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

Sorry for the delay in getting back.  It's been crazy around here. If I printed it you wouldn't believe it, but I have been reading the board when I get the opportunity. 

Tonight, I decided to put my picture in CMYK to see what it could bring out.  Well, as you see there will be no further question as to the position of the leg.  I don't know why I didn't try this earlier.

I'll be able to go back and correct it now - this was in the cyan layer.  Thought you'd find it interesting. 

Bets :)
Candice

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

Bet, the legs look perfect!  :up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

GP

Hi Bets,

I agree, this looks great! But if your are not already done with it completely, I would like to make a suggestion. Look back at your first 2 postings on the top, you had a lot more detail on the horse's coat/fur. If you can, try to get this back. It looked more natural. Sorry if I'm to picky.

Good work!

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Candice

That's because I searched on line and was able to come up with a 'roan' patch for the fur.
The last one I used more of what was on the original, which wasn't much.  I'm not finished and will see if I can't get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the  :up: you guys!
Candice