• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Feels like I am in the deep end

Started by G3User, January 30, 2009, 12:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Still working on the pool liner and the grass but need some suggestions about the position of her legs. I think the right leg is along the lines I have shown and her right foot seems to be below it. She seems to have her left arm over the side of the pool, if not she should be falling over

Looks like the water is only shallow, it appears to be just above her right knee but I would appreciate any suggestions on how to create the appearance of a surface.

Her costume seems to have a horizontal pattern of two shades of blue which I can't wait to get to ;)

Thanks in advance

Athol

kiska

Maybe use the photo filter to suggest the water over her legs. And the water will distort them a little.....which could be a good thing. 8)

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Great tip on the photo filter Kiska!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks for the input Kiska. We have been having 40-42 degree days so I have been slow replying, sorry

Took your advice about the filter and added wave and ripple effects which seems to give the appearance of a water surface and help to camouflage the shape of her legs. I have added stripes to her costume, they can be seen on her right shoulder. I have presumed that they were constant over her costume though there isn't enough information to confirm either way

Think I am just about done but would appreciate any suggestions

Athol

Hannie

Athol, what a great restore!  I like the ripples you also added to the water.
Maybe you can add a little mores shading to the bottom side of her arm and legs, also the part under the water and underneath the beachball.  You can also slightly soften the outlines of her arms and bathing suit.

Trivial picks that you can take or leave!

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Hannie.

I am always a bit tentative with shading and your suggestions really helped.

On its way and on to the next one

Athol