• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

In need of a check up....

Started by GP, January 28, 2009, 03:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

Hi fellow OPR'rs,

this is my latest baby. The stripes of the t-shirt drove me almost over the edge, I'm still not sure if I got them right. The photo will end up as a 5 x 7, so details will not be all to visible. But please look very closely if I missed something.
As always, your opinions are very much appreciated.

Gerlinde  :)

PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

haleygd

The stripes look great to me. Got two other areas to look at. The first is his left hand/arm. There is still some yellow/purple residue and some shading is needed to distinguish the hand from the arm behind it. The second area is the right side of his face between the eye and ear. Think you just need to smooth out the skin tones.
Cheers,
Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Candice

A brush set to blur will help with the skin tones.  Just a thought  :)
Candice

Hannie

Gerlinde, don't you just love those stripes!  I think parents make their children wear these clothes when they have their portraits taken just to bug us!

Great job, great repair of his shirt and face.  I was wondering if maybe his chin was a little less pointy so I tried to add some shading for rounder appearance.

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

glennab

Hi Gerlinde

Awesome job on the stripes.  I dub thee "Stripe-ster" and think that should be your specialty!

A great clean-up.  One would think you've been doing this for a while!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Thank you guys and gals for helping out!

Good eye, Gary! I missed those spots on his face and you are also right about his hand. The hand's shading is a though one, because there is not much detail. But I will have an other look at it. Maybe now, that I'm de-striped I'm able to get it better.

Lagirl, I tend to use the patch-tool in a case like that, the blur-brush will get rid of the little detail that is left of his skin texture. But I will try it out.

Hannie, you could be right. This was an other case for the usefulness of the blue channel, when there don't to seem to be anything left on information. I know you had quite a few pictures of this little guy in you gallery. Maybe you have something else for me to use?

Glenna, you got me there! Looking back at some of my restores, there seems to be a pattern, I have an affinity for stripes (not!).

Gerlinde

Hannie

Great idea Gerlinde, I just placed a another photo of the boy in your gallery, it is the little boy on our right.

Good luck!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Thank you Hannie, that's great news! Is he wearing the striped shirt again? I will have a look.

Gerlinde

Hannie

Now that wasn't very thoughtful of me, leaving out the striped shirt!  Gerlinde, You'll be happy to know I have placed another photo in your gallery complete with striped shirt and all!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

rlmichael

Hi Hannie, I uploaded a before and after. I went to my uploads and there is nothing there. My upload was successful, so obviously I don't know where to look.  Does it take a while for the upload to show up? If I find it, how do I get them to the forum, and to whom do I address the questions to? Can You help me. I thought I would get some suggestions on where to go from here.
Richard(Mike)Michael

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Mike. If you want to show your photos on the forum this post shows you how to do it.  http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Then you would go the moderate or difficult section and click on new topic as shown below. You can click on the picture to make it larger and easier to see.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]