• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Is this a hat with a bow or ?

Started by Deborahjc, January 20, 2009, 07:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborahjc

A few questions to my favorite gurus out there.  I have this fairly simple wedding picture so I am embarrassed to ask but ...
On the far right there appears to be a hat with a bow(unusual for people to wear in the US).   I am asking because it seems like there is a bit of a nose and maybe a chin in the blue channel underneath the bow.  But then it could be damage too.   Squinting at it hasnt helped  ???
The lady at the far right seems to only have part of a face left and no body is left in the damage that I can see.  I dont want to crop this area (spoils the stained glass window) but it seems like it would be weird to have a face and then black underneath?  Floating heads at a wedding? If I were to choose a color to simulate a body maybe a dark grey?
Any other comments on the work in progress so far?
Thanks,
Deb

Hannie

Hi Deb,

Your restore is looking really good so far!  You're probably right about the white hat in the background  but I cannot see any nose underneath.  If there were that would mean that she has her back turned towards the bride walking down the aisle on her fathers arm.  (Maybe a woman scorned?)  I had a look if there were any other photos that can shed some light on the white hat but there aren't.

You could fix the face on the far right, it seems her eyes are closed, and just keep the bottom part really dark until you get to the part where the bench is.  There is some purple frilly fabric visible  in that area but I doubt that the garment belongs to the lady with the face only.

One thing I noticed is that the in the levels adjustment the blue channel's right slider could go to the left a little.

Oh yeah Deb, it isn't allowed to feel embarrased over asking white hat questions!  ;-)

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Deborahjc

I figured it out Hannie.  The reason my photos have a decidedly yellow cast is because of these grey rainy days!  I am just trying to put a bit of sunshine back into my life.  :cool: 

Thanks! :loveit:

glennab

Hi Deb

I think the hat is exactly as you've shown.  I've seen similar head gear with a solid crown but diaphanous brim and usually a small bow in back.

I think Hannie's covered the rest of it.  Nice work.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

It was raining here all afternoon but today it is gorgeous weather (Amsterdam), hope you'll see some of that over there soon so you can leave the yellow slider well alone! ;D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Deborahjc

Well we have had most types of weather today actually.  Rain, cloudy skies, wind and yes a little sun!

I did a little more work on this and maybe she is ready for her walk down the aisle1

Hannie

Bet, it turned out great and looks like new!
Maybe just a little more levels adjustment?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Deborahjc

ok adjusted and on its way.  Thanks for your help Hannie! :loveit: