• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Please lend me your eyes (apologies to the Beatles)

Started by TerryB, January 17, 2009, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerryB

Suggestions, comments and/or recommendations appreciated.
I removed the glare from his glasses, is that a no-no?
And the background is strictly a guess; there is a vestige of something square behind him in the blue and green channels.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Hannie

Hi Terry,

You have cleaned it up quite a bit, great job!  I wouldn't worry too much about what is in the background, it really isn't visible enough in any of the channels I think.

I was hoping that you could have kept a little more of the texture of the the boys skin (face), the original is almost completely in tact in that area and I noticed that in your restore you have painted it over a little?

Hope you don't think I'm too picky!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Terry

I concur with Hannie about his skin texture, and I think you've lost too much of the shading/shaping around his chin/cheek area.  Otherwise he looks really good.  I wonder if, because there's only a vestige of shapes in the green channel, there'd be a way to crop his background and still have the same proportions and size.  He gets rather lost in all that gray.

Not being able to render hair worth a darn, I hate to even bring this up, but I think his hair could look a bit more realistic.  Maybe a few strands over the more solid looking areas.

My only other question (most of this would be up to your distribution coordinator to decide) would be if he'd look better on a darker background.  In the original he "pops" off the darkness.

You have him nicely cleaned up, and with a few detail tweaks he'd be ready to go home.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

TerryB

Thanks for your suggestions, ladies.  I'll tweak it a bit and re-post it.

TerryB

Revised per suggestions from Hannie & GK, please don't hesitate to provide more input.