• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

I'm off too

Started by Tess (Tassie D), January 15, 2009, 02:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

I'll be away for the next 7 nights, making the most of the weather before school starts up again. We are going back to Kelso as we enjoyed it so much at Christmas.
Margie will be keeping an eye on my gallery for me, thanks Margie.  :hug:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, I don't remember giving you permission to leave?  Just kidding!  Hope the 3 of you have a great time, please come home safe.

:hug:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi everyone, having a great time here. Spent last night listening to the possums sliding down our canvas annexe. I took them out some bread and had 5 in a family sitting around me eating. Will upload the photos when I get home on Friday.

We went for a walk yesterday here at low tide and hubby got a feed of 2 dozen oysters, 1 with a small pearl in it. Needless to say we were amazed and will be keeping it. :)

Bethany is totally waterlogged, spending at least 4 hours a day in the pool but having a wonderful time.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Wow, Tess, what a wonderful way to get somewhere other than the regular world.  Bethany must be one heck of a "water baby!"

Puts me in mind of our camping days – we had so much fun biking, sailing, hiking, lazing in hammocks strung between palm trees beside the beach.

Now all I can imagine are two pitiful voices coming from the tent pleading for help because they can't get up!  Of course if we had your nifty set-up that wouldn't be an issue.  I love your "cruising" gear.

Have a wonderful time with the critters!  I'm envious.

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Hannie

Sounds like you're having too much of a good time down under, I think you should go home now before you get used to it!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Hi Tess, you are having way too much fun! Are you trying to recruit the possums to OPR?  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

After having a family of 5 possums competing for apple slices outside the van last night we will be feeding them elsewhere. After we went to bed they decided to use the annexe as a slide for fun.
Margie if you saw the mess they make you definitely wouldnt want them on the team.

Took some glorious sunset shots tonight so I can't wait to upload them. The weather is hot so the pool was the order of the day.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Well we are home again. It was a great time up there and we are nice and relaxed. The wildlife is a definite plus at the park, even if you are awake til all hours listening to them walking round the roof and playing on the canvas annexe.

We had 5 possums in the annexe last night and a fight broke out as they competed for food. Our daughter was not impressed and ended up perched on a chair.

Hubby collected and ate about $100 worth of oysters during the trip and we caught some lovely feeds of fish.

I've updated the original pics with some more here. http://picasaweb.google.com/tesscam/Summer0809#
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Your possums are cuter than ours.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Mhayes

Thanks for sharing Tess! I can see where you would hate to return as it looks like so much fun. Kiska isn't kidding when she says your possums are cuter than ours. Yours don't even resemble ours.

Great to have you back!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

glennab

Tess, I'm glad you're safely home and had such a great trip.  Love the photos.  It's awesome to see other parts of the world, and in your case the beloved family of one of our volunteers as well.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PatW

Your possums are WAY cuter than ours!  I love it when you post pictures of down under!

I really enjoyed the wombat photo, because we've had a "Wombat Crossing" sign up in our store for almost 20 years.  It's part of our, ummm, charm.  No kidding, when we moved to our new location, a number of people expressed concern over whether or not the wombat sign would would move with us.   It most certainly did!

Happy to have you back,

Pat

Tess (Tassie D)

Thanks everyone. Yes the possums are cute but not at 3am when its their party time. Pat you must get a few people asking what a wombat is. We call them bulldozers with legs as they'd rather go through something than around it.
The poor woman in a campervan next to us thought we were having an earthquake her vehicle was moving so much. Turned out to be a wombat with an itchy back having a scratch under the door frame.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]