• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newly Weds Revisited

Started by haleygd, January 11, 2009, 10:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleygd

Apologies for taking so long but between the holidays and frustration over my progress or lack thereof (as everyone has experienced, the more I tried, the worse it looked syndrome) I just had to step away. Now I am getting back into the groove and trying to just take small steps instead of trying to push it. I am still working on repairing her face and I still have to replace her pearl necklace. I am reattaching the original since it has been so long.

Gary

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Candice

I find the restoration of the couple is wonderfully done, but the back ground is much to green and fresh for the original restoration. Perhaps you can try a bit of color adjusting to make it come done to the older look;  a little more yellow and fade somewhat.

Those are my thoughts.
Candice

Mhayes

Gary, great job! The one thing that catches my eye is that the girl still looks like she has a black smudge on her nose. My personal opinion is that I liked the dress a lighter blue.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

JohnnyE

I'm impressed. It's really come a long way and is looking good.

One minor thing about the background that feels off to me is that the perspective seems squashed because the horizon is lower in the restored version. It causes the car to look too tall in my opinion. If you can unlock the background pixels from the mask and stretch it higher, it might help.

-John

Niksmum

Are you sure its a wedding? It looks like a prom photo to me  :-\.

Looks good so far  (but remember I'm the one that sees fairies  ::))

Irene

haleygd

Thanks Johnny that makes a huge perceptial difference! I have also lightened the dress. As for prom or wedding who knows, could be a church social with what looks like a bible on the car's hood. Still have more facial reconstruction to go but getting closer... And now there's a deadline too... groan...
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

haleygd

Ok I think this is at 95+%...

Gary