• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

mini santa needs review

Started by Ratz, January 07, 2009, 04:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratz

Hi Gurus, I need some feed-back on this little guy. Keep in mind that he is nowhere near finished
I just want opinions on the direction it is heading. I'm quite happy with the baby, but I'm not so sure if the background is working. What do you think?

Ratz

Mhayes

Hi Ratz, I have tried your link twice and keep getting this message: 500 Internal Server Error.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

I get the same error message...
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I copied them, hope you don't mind Ratz. I can't believe this is the same photo. It's amazing how well you've brought out all that detail. Kudos. :up:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ratz

Thanks Tess, Picassa are having some trouble today with their web albums. :mad:
What do you all think about the shading on the background? I'm not too sure it's heading in the right direction.

Mhayes

Ratz, I'm amazed at what you got out of this!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Ausimax

Hi Ratz, great job on the little feller, think he could be an Elf masquerading as Santa? :)

I'm not sure about the arm supporting him, it looks more like a roll of bedding where it is folded back. the length just seems to great for an arm without the owner being visible. That said I'm only looking at a small image with old tired eyes, so I will defer to your judgement on it.

Nice job on the face and hand.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

cmpentecost

Hi Ratz,

Amazing job on a very difficult photo.  I have to agree with Max, in that the shading of the arm and then what appears to be fingers behind the baby's head may make the arm look too long.  Also, in the original, the feet appear to be touching.

This little guy really looks like an elf.  Nice work, Ratz!

Chris

Ratz

Max, I pondered over that arm for ages, it just looks too long but the fingers  behind baby's head are in the original. The emulsion is so warped that it's really hard to tell were the arm starts. there is also a hand laying on the bed, which I have opted to do without.

agua_agua

Beautiful santa pants. I wish I had a pair. I could stare at them all day.  :wnw:

I have a couple of questions:
-Did the photographer try to hide her arm under the blanket when supporting the baby?
-Where is the shadow under the baby's left arm?
-Is the lighting on the red suit supposed to be a mixture of yellow and white?

Hannie

Hi Vicki,

I have never seen such a strangely warped photo, I can't make heads or tails of it but you have done a great job so far!

To me it almost seems like Mom is sitting in bed holding baby's head with her left hand and her right arm rests on the blanket?

I would try to hide part of the arm with the blanket, it does look a little too long now.
The shadows are good, I would add some more under baby's left arm and a little less directly in front of baby's feet. (on the blanket I mean, like in the photo below)

What a beautiful job you have done on this little cutie!

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

GP

Hi Vicki,

I also love how you saved this one and I agree with everyone about the arm of the person holding the baby. It looks anatomically wrong. I like the suggestion of covering it up with a blanket.
One little pick on the baby, his right hand/arm looks a bit too small. Maybe you could fatten it up a bit.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Ratz

thanks everyone, will work on the blanket and arm and see what I can come up with.