• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A check up please

Started by Niksmum, December 27, 2008, 09:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niksmum

Here is the original

This is what I have so far

Have I missed anything?

Irene

Mhayes

Wow Irene, she looks beautiful! I love the little girl's skin color and gown. I really hate to pick anything apart on this one. The only thing that is a very small difference would be in the eyes and fullness of her checks. I am surprised that she actually has bags under her eyes as I thought that was damage. Here is what I came up with in the blue channel.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Niksmum

Hi Margie
Yes I noticed that in the blue channel and I wasn't sure about those bags under the eyes either.
I thought it has to be mnore damage as they are bigger then mine!!!!! ::)
Thanks for you help.

Irene

lurch

Looks to me like the blue channel shows bigger eyes too.
<C>

Niksmum

Thank you Lurch thats what was wrong. I just could not figure out why it didn't look right. I think I should leave it for now, have a nice glass of wine then get some sleep and attack it again tomorrow

Night all

Irene

GP

Hi Irene,
I'm in awe about how nicely you cleaned up the mess on this photo. Her dress looks like new! I have only one question regarding her hair, could it be that her hair is pulled back into a pony tail? I only see some of her hair behind her left shoulder. I hope that I'm not adding some more confusion to this nice restore.

Gerlinde  ???
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Candice

Candice

Niksmum

Ok have worked on the eyes and done a bit more tweeking. What do you think

Irene

Niksmum

I am hoping this is the final tweek as this cutie needs to go home

Irene

Candice

The one thing that I see is the hand that's in the dress.  There is a part of an apendage that isn't showing in the first.  The part sticks out and there is a shadow of a thumb.  It may be these old eyes however and nothing more than ghosts.   :wow:
Candice

battleaxe

Hi,
   I love what you have done! :up:
but...... doesn't she have light brown hair not black?

mschonher

Hi Irene,

What a sweet photograph this is and how brave you are to take on such a mess with half the face gone. You have done really well on this but the face, hair and background needed some help.  I was asked to help out so here I am. 

There was a lot of good information on the blue channel and that is where I got the face and some of the hair from.  This is mostly painted and I know that is frowned upon by most of OPR but sometimes there are no other options.

I used the airbrushes for most of the work and some of the Nagel mist brushes for the background.  I placed the head of my work onto the work you had so beautifully done on the dress.  Many hours have gone into this one.  Hopefully the family will be happy with the results.

OPR hugs to you and a happy New Year to everyone.

Mary

Mhayes

Mary, she looks beautiful! I like the combination of both as Irene did a great job also.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Mary, what a pretty face and hair! 
When I look at the original it seems to me that the color of her skin could be a little lighter?
Irene, how did you remove all the blue stains from the dress?  You made it look like new!

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

mschonher

Hannie, the skin tones were purely a guess on my part as I just couldn't pull a decent color out of the original.  I suppose the skin color could be lightened if quality control deems it necessary.  I worked strictly from the blue channel to get the structure of her face.  Don't really know if I did all that great but I gave it my best shot.  Too bad there wasn't a reference photo to help.

Irene did a great job with the rest of the photo especially the dress which was no easy task.  Great job Irene!

Mary