• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Eagle Eyes Alert

Started by lurch, December 21, 2008, 05:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

Please, trusty eagle eyes crew, take a look at this one and find what I've missed. Many thanks in advance.

<C>

glennab

Lurch, isn't it wonderful when the blue channel gives you the gift of an intact face?  I think the restoration is wonderful.  I'd just give it a bit more saturation, as the darks look (only a little, and that could be my monitor) washed out.

Nice job!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

schen

Nice restoration, Lurch.  Isn't it amazing that you can pull her face out of the yellow mud?

I would suggest that you smudge the borders of her hair with her face a little bit and lighten part of the hair.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

schen

I agree with Glenna that the guy's shirt and jeans can take a little more dye.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Tess (Tassie D)

Great job getting her face out of that yellow. :up: There seems to be colours missing from a few sections of the photo, the plastic shopping bag to the man's left and sections behind the woman on the right.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

I knew I could count on all of you! You've earned your pennies today. Hope this version is an improvement - tried to address all the comments except Tess' (sorry, my friend). I opted to punt (is there an Aussie equivalent?) on the shopping bag because I couldn't figure out a) which of the colors were damage and b) how to restore those that weren't. Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.
The red between the woman and the man appeared to me to be damage. Why that area is so dark is a mystery, as is why my major punchup in blues doesn't show on the web.

And if someone can convince me that the red blob at picture right, middle in the original is really something in tissue paper and not damage I'll happily put it back

<C>

lurch

As an experiment, ticked the sRGB box when I saved this one. Still lost the blues, but the contrast may be better.

<C>

Candice

Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Just tried an experiment with the colours on the bag from what I could see in the blue channel.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

This is fun!  >:D

And what is that deliciously looking food they are serving...?

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

I'm thinking that is some sort of burled wood cabinet that the flowers are on and not a dog... (been known to be wrong). I did my color balance so the bowl of mixed vegetables came out right (i.e., the carrots were orange and the kernels or corn were yellow) and the stuffed turkey loaf actually looked like turkey and dressing. I then started trying to get rid if the mess covering the girl.  What I got was this (and yes I blew my color balance to bits but a bit of masking would fix that), good info on her face and arms and hands.
Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

lurch

This is indeed fun!

Gary & Hannie - Guess you need to be a Westerner to know the main course is tacos. Good call on the mixed veggies, though. The dark thing under the man's right arm could well be a cabinet. The reddish part I still think is stain - there's a lot in that area. But some color there might look better anyway . . .

Tess - Now why didn't I think of using the blue channel for the bag? Especially after using it as a luminosity mask for the woman's face. Duh!

Betty - thanks!

Now where are my blues getting lost? They look ok in Photobucket.
<C>