• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Feedback Please

Started by SlideConverter, December 18, 2008, 04:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlideConverter

Hi Group,

I just completed the image below.  Can you please provide feeback as to what I can do different/better?  Also, the shadow under her left arm looks odd but was on the original as well.  Should I leave the shadow as is?

Thanks

Richard

Mhayes

Richard, I think you have done a great job on this one! The one thing that catches my eye is reconstructing the pattern of the plaid coat on your left. If you go into the blue channel you will see the pattern is well define. Plus, overall I think this pattern has a very soft edges and is probably a coat, which needs the rest of the buttons added. On the middle finger, I think that is damage rather than a ring. As to the shadow under the arm, that would be a shadow on the background. Other than that you did a great job and most people run for the hills when they see plaids! You are very brave!  ;D

Blue Channel

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Richard,

Oh those plaids! 
You have done a great cleanup job, perhaps you can add a little more levels adjustment and matching up of the skin color of the face and hands?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

Wow, great job, particularly on the plaid.  What I see is that her fingers in the original (blue channel) are fatter.  Perhaps some dodging and burning on the left side of the photo, in the drapes, to give it a bit more depth of field, or basically, so it doesn't look so "flat".

Christine

Ausimax

Hi Richard, great job on the plaid, fun stuff isn't it?

What may help blend it in better, I roughly selected the areas where you had repaired the plaid - then applied 15% noise and then 5% blur, the noise returns some of the material texture and the blur blends the shapes together a bit better.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

SlideConverter

Thanks so much for the very useful feeback!

Richard