• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Calling all eagle eyes

Started by lurch, December 16, 2008, 01:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurch

This was going to be an easy one, I thought. Ha! Even the spots had spots, and I reckoned without the ins and outs of those darned benches. Aaaarrrggghhh! Anyway, it's now far enough along for the trusty eagle-eye crew to examine and tell me what got missed. I'm counting on you, guys (and gals - when I grew up everyone was a guy, regardless of gender . . .).

<C>

<C>

Mhayes

Lurch, I think it looks great!  :up:

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Very good job Lurch!  It looks like there never was any damage.
(If you like tweaking you can add very little contrast (+7).)

:up2:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Ausimax

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Awesome clean up, Lurch.  I can't imagine getting the muck out of all those crevasses!

I only spotted one thing that bothered me.  The gentleman's thumb looks truncated compared to the original.  Otherwise, spot on.

Kudos and cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Candice

schen

Fantastic restoration especially the bench.  I cannot even see there were damages.

The gentleman's left hand appeared like this in the blue channel.  This might help for you to reconstruct a color image.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

lurch

Thank you, thank you all :loveit:

I've done a couple of tweaks in response to your observations, and I think it's now ready to send home.

About that stubby left hand that Glenna and Shujen singled out - I had actually drawn it 'freehand' before paying attention to the tips about looking at channels for help in reconstruction. I always check channels first thing, but with masking, not info for rebuilding, in mind. Henceforth the old habits will change! Fixed the hand and ran a little experiment at the same time - came up with a slick technique to take advantage of structure in a good channel (at least it worked well on this photo), which I'll share in the Photoshop Techniques subforum.

Again, many thanks to all who commented.

<C>
<C>