• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Would you believe - more hands

Started by recycledhippy, December 15, 2008, 01:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

As you can see I seem to be in the same predicament as some of the last few posters
Namely ..........hands

Would appreciate any advice

Many thx
Hippy

haleygd

I going to say "his" since he is wearing blue... His right hand should be easy... all the fingers are there, only need to clone/paint in the arm. Do that first and then copy the completed arm and hand and do a horizontal flip and then superimpose it and repair the left arm based on the right.

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Mhayes

Gary, I think our baby is wearing a blue hood ornament. It's great to see your enthusiasm for photos with missing limbs.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hippy, if you take a look at the blue channel (RGB) you will see the hand (and baby's face) almost intact!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi RH

I'm not sure I'd describe it the same way as Margie did, but I believe we're looking at a baby girl with a tiny hair clip attached to what little fuzz she's sporting.  I also think the colors in the original are very close to what they should be.  My color corrections showed very similar hues.  Also, most of the crocheted "doily" coverings are either white, off-white or tan, which also gave me a clue about the color.

I'd revisit her face and try to patch and clone what's not there, and not disturb the pixels that are intact. There's enough image left that I believe you could get her closer to the original.  You might even be able to do the same thing with the hands, because in between the splotches there is good skin.

If you check out the blue channel, you can see more of her face (possibly enough to get a realistic nose) and hands.

Good luck on a doozie!

GK

P.S. Hannie posted before I could get this done, but I think she's spot on.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Mhayes

Hippy, sorry I addressed this to Gary as his photo. I agree with GK on wanting to keep the good information that you have. In the original the baby's head is rounded and the forehead looks rounded also. You will find that babies are going to lean more towards red or pink.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

recycledhippy

Thanks everyone :up2: :up2: :up2:

Great helpfull info that I will certainly be working on

Margie - no problem - I often wish I was someone else ;D ;D ;D

Hippy :up: :up:

Ausimax

I agree with Glenna about the colour in the original image being natural, can't say I agree with her on it being a girl, the hair ornament is Blue which to me suggests a Boy.

As stated most of the info required is available in the blue channel, I would only work on the face where needed, leaving the forehead and hairline as is, except for minor spots that may be visible in the full size image.

Something else to beware of often spots/blemishes that you can see in the image at 100% are not visible at print resolution and you can spend a lot of time fixing things that don't need it and sometimes cause more problems trying to get rid of them - check you work at print size! I usually print them out and check the result and then fix what is visible.

By the way, the posted image still contains Exif information

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Max, I can't imagine a little boy sporting a clippie hair ornament regardless of color; that's why I still think she's a girl.  Girls can wear blue, you know! (Of course this is another of those instances where our determination of the sex of the child is moot.  We just need to get the color right, clean her/him up, and send her/him home.)

Thanks for the reminder about not getting too tied up in little stuff that can only be seen close-up.  I have a terrible propensity to do that, and when I back away from the image I realize that some of the details could have more easily been dealt with from a "distance!"

Hugs,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

What SHE is wearing is a christening dress for baptism.  I had one that was given to me by my childrens great grandmother.  She made it for her first grandson, who will soon be 63.

They are white. 

:) Betty
Candice