• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Adorable Boy and Girl

Started by haleygd, December 14, 2008, 09:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Gary, this one looks great! I'm glad you went back and worked on the background as it made a huge difference. Now it looks like a studio photo rather than two kids floating in the clouds.  ;D

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Much better background Gary! Good job!

There is both black and white in the boys shirt so I tried another levels with black and white point, nice colors but the dress is a little blown out now...

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

Ok, here is another shot at it...
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

glennab

Gary, I think they look beautiful.  The background is great.  Thank goodness Mary won't be looking for her tools of torment now that the clouds are gone!

I do agree with Hannie on the color issue.  My solution to the blown-out dress would be to make her suggested corrections on a separate layer above the original, and then mask off the dress to get the vibrance of yours on the layer below.

I give you much credit for sticking it out through all our critiques and suggestions.  The result, I think, is well worth it.  Fantastic!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

haleygd

The dress has been a big bug-a-boo from the start and earned its own mask early on. But here is another tweak to make it a bit more yellow and less goldenrod without blowing the whole dress out...

Critiques make you  :mad: and maybe :'( and the whole thing makes you  :D but in the end its all  :hug:!

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

schen

Here is my take of color balance for whatever its worth.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

Good coloration.  Natural looking Schen.  It's been grand watching the progress of these photos come alive.

Candice