• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hope for Tess...

Started by haleygd, December 12, 2008, 01:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleygd

Hi Tess,
Just thought I'd give you a quick boost...This is going to take a lot of work but I think it is doable.  Not sure what is on the left though, I want to say table but I am thinking counter top and what I am seeing is an unfinished edge.

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Tess (Tassie D)

What a great start. This family only had 7 photos so it will be great to get them back to them.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

Okay eagle eyes, how many candles do you count on this cake? And can you read the name on the cake?

A piece of virtual cake for the winner!

Thanks,
Gary

Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

glennab

Gary, I tried my best but couldn't discern a name.  It looks to me as if there are 9 candles.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

haleygd

And of course I mean candles on the original, not on my version... I tried to do it by counting the flames as opposed to the actual candle.

I have the same paneling so camera in hand I snapped a shot and the merged it in... Anyone missing the very vague mirror/picture right behind the ladies head?

Gary

Tess (Tassie D)

No, not missing that at all Gary. I think I can see 12 flames but its impossible to be sure. The paneling looks great. :up:
This is one Mum that looks very proud of that cake. :)
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

At least now she shouldn't trip because of that bad right leg, it looks much better, The ankle may still be a little weak...

Gary

Candice

Once the muscle is worked should be good as new   :P
Candice

haleygd

Ok, I think I am >90% done with this one. I have been trying to see a wooden chair on the left. But the more I look at now, I think it is just light/white scratches/mars.. Any thoughts? Which leg seems more natural--lighting wise? I stilll have to do something with the flipflop.

Gary

schen

Gary,

I think your restoration looks really good.  As for the flip-flop, the original has most of the light from the candles.  I would suggest that you do a vignette to darken the surrounding.  It will draw the attention to the cake and closer to the original.

Shujen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Hi Gary,

Nice topic and what a great cleanup! 
I wonder if you can add a little shading to her lower left leg, it looks a little like it's bending the wrong way?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hello Gary

A fine job on a tough restoration!  Did you ever decide exactly how many candles are on the cake?

I suspect "Mom" made the lovely cake herself for someone beloved.  She looks happy and proud. Warms the heart! And you've just given her a wonderful gift!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

haleygd

Thanks Hannie, that does look better. And I decided on 10 candles... If all goes well, I should have this one ready to close out the family group by tomorrow before I go to bed.

Thanks for all the help.

Gary

Tess (Tassie D)

Yay, its coming together perfectly. :up: It will be so nice to send this family home.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

Ok, here it is (I think  ;D ::) )... Input as always is welcomed.  I can still do that overall vignette if you want.

Gary