• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hmmm what now?

Started by Deborahjc, December 12, 2008, 07:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deborahjc

I have been working my way towards the bottom of this picture and I am not sure what to do with the circled areas in red.  I also need to do some more work on hands of the lady at the left.

Any suggestions?  I know there is a table or counter there somewhere but not sure what it would look like. 

Hannie

Hi Deb,

Nice restore and levels adjustment!
Red circles from left to right: glass and bottle, back of chair and something undefinable, glasses and no table top.
You could clean those areas up a little (remove white dots) and if necessary darken them very little and finish with a slight blur.

(Or you could spend hours and restore all the glasses back to their original state!  >:D)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Deb!

Lookin' good.  I'll second Hannie's comments and also suggest that you duplicate your layer, set it to multiply and then mask around the two people at the left front.  You'll bring out much more of their features – they won't be so blown out.  Might have to do more than once, but it's worth a try.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Deborahjc

Good idea about the multiplying.  I did try that and the the young girls complexion turns a rather unattractive yellow grey (her lips looked good and I kept that).  So I did it again and then tried to lower the yellow saturation and then did a color balance adjustment.  Does it look ok now (still looks a little yellow to me but I am not sure what else to try.)
Now I need to take care of the spotting on her face.  I ended up rebuilding the lady on the lefts color from a few little splodges left.  I will finish her when I get back from holiday (time to pack)  8)

haleygd

Hey Deborah, I did the same multiply concept on the older lady at the left to bring out the jaw line and the jugular.  Brought in some more skin tone color and then did a bit of cloning/healing to get this...
Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Deborahjc

Hey I like the definition you brought to the jawline and the ladies neck!  I will try that when I get back.

Cheers!

Deb

glennab

Hi Deb

I wanted to post a sample of my taking the original, duplicating the layer, setting it to multiply and then tweaking the color a little.  Even though you'd have to do some masking, it makes both of our "ghosts" pop.

Well, the image doesn't look as good on line as it does on my monitor.  Still a bit washed out.  If that's the case with you, do a second dupe and multiply, then ramp the opacity back a bit.

Have a great holiday!  Be safe.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Deborahjc

Well I am back after a really wonderful holiday.  I hope you all had a great holiday too.  I am rested and ready to roll up the sleeves and get to work.

Thanks for the helpful advice on the fuzzy areas and trying to bring out the ladies complexion.  Here is the latest effort.  Is it ready for printing? 
Thanks!
Deb

Hannie

Hi Deb and welcome back!  Hope you had a great time and feel rested.
Your restore looks really good, I think it is ready to go home!
I tried adding a little shade to the bottom part hair of the lady on the left, it seemed to be there in the original but I'm not sure if it is needed.

Great job!

Hannie

edit: typo galore!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Deborahjc

Thanks Hannie,

I think you are right about the shading on the hair.  I will add a little and send them home.

Deb