• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help Please

Started by hoodman3, December 11, 2008, 07:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodman3

This is my current wip. The questions I have are: did I erase the windshield wipers on the car they are sitting on, what can I do to improve the baby's face, and what's up with the shirt on the guy on the right? The stripes seem to stop and then do something weird?
All comments are welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Pete
Windows XP, CS3

haleygd

This is what I am seeing...

I think the extra large collar may be throwing you. Gotta love the 70s! I think the inside left collar is damage and should be white-ish... And yeah, it looks like you took out the windshield wiper but it looks ok to me as is.

Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Ausimax

Hi Pete,

I think you probably trashed the wipers- there was some damage there all the same.

With the shirt, most of it is folds, though you still have some damage bisecting the stripes, have done a quick and nasty touch up.

What may also help with this photo is if you have Shadow/Highlite hit it with about 30 on the shadow slider - that helps with their faces - gives a bit of fill flash effect, then use colour balance and use -28 on the Cyan side to remove some of the red.

Hope this helps.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Candice

Don't forget the tops of the pockets.  They are visible, too.
Candice

haleygd

not seeing any pockets, unless you mean pants pockets....
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Candice

Nope, there are pockets on the boys shirt.  I've used the red line to show you where to look the pockets are just a little below the marker.

Colors are coming along very well.
Candice

haleygd

Nah, still not seeing, that style shirt wouldn't have pockets.  And thats pops on the right.

Candice

I've outlined them for you and it probably doesn't matter whether the shirt has pockets or not, but in that case the stripes to need to extend upward towards the collar.  IMHO
Candice

glennab

Pete, I agree with Gary that there aren't pockets on the shirt.  I think the folds of the shirt by the collar are creating an illusion of their stopping at a point where they really don't.  I also wonder if he's wearing suspenders.  That would explain the strange look of all the "stripes."

I'd go back to having the windshield wipers showing.  They look intact to me.

My one pick would be that there's some obvious cloning in the evergreen tree.  Time to patch!

Great job on the baby's face.  I'm envious!  I have more darn trouble with obliterated features.

Cheers

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

lurch

I agree with Gary and GK - that shirt doesn't have pockets. Suspenders, I don't think so. He's wearing a belt. Then again, I used to know engineers whose designs embodied the equivalent of a belt combined with suspenders . . .  ::)

<C>
<C>

schen

Quote from: lurch on December 11, 2008, 10:57:39 PM
Then again, I used to know engineers whose designs embodied the equivalent of a belt combined with suspenders . . .  ::)

<C>

But he did not have a pocket protector  :D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

Well, I can see that I'm outnumbered.  I gave it a shot.  And I still see pockets.   :wnw: But the majority rules!!
Candice

hoodman3

Thanks for all the help, I will post before uploading.

Pete
Windows XP, CS3