• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Let's play Show and Tell

Started by jacobdj, December 10, 2008, 09:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobdj

I'll show you a photo and you tell me what the arrows are pointing to.  :)

Obviously the main points of interest are the woman and child. However, when I start the cloning and painting process I'd like to make sure that I am not destroying something of value or substance lying hidden in the detritus.

This appears to be a child sitting on a round table, propped up by the woman's left arm. I'd appreciate your help with any other identifiable objects, especially the areas with arrows.

Thanks much,

Dennis Jacobsen

lurch

At least in the beginning, I'd call all of your numbered things damage. (been known to change my mind, though). Again at first blush, it looks to me like a child hugging his mother, who is sitting in bed.
<C>
<C>

haleygd

I can play this game...
1. Burp Towel
2. Newspaper
3. Where the left knee should be (though right where the 3 is looks like her left hand)
4. damage
5. damage

Whats the prize for guessing right?  A photo of your very own to work on?  LOL

Cheers,  Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Johnboy

Dennis,

I agree with Lurch that most of the areas pointed out are damage. I would suggest that before you start to paint that you go over parts of the photo using the Patch tool or even the Healing brush. I played with some areas which I circled and the Patch tool seems to be working. Enlarge the photo and work in small portions. Then as the good areas grow you can use those to help with more patch and healing work. I would paint as a last resort. Be sure to make a copy of the background before you start using the Patch tool.

Looks like your #4 area is going to be tough. I didn't see any detail in any of the channels in RGB or CYMK. Perhaps other eagle eyes may pull out more.

Johnboy

GP

It looks to me, like there were a couple of photos stuck together. The parts in this photo, that don't make sense, may be parts of a different photo. I would treat them as damage and remove them.

Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit