• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Isn't He Adorable!

Started by Candice, December 10, 2008, 12:56:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

This little one wasn't hard to work on.  I've sent him home but if you see anything that would improve it, corrections can be made and a resend done.

He's adorable!!   :loveit:

Candice

glennab

Betty, I'd love to see the finished restoration.  It appears that you only need to add an open bracket to the beginning of the string of code to get it to show.

And yes, the baby's precious.  I find it impossible to not fall in love with the kids I restore.  They're all my "grandkids" now.

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Just for you Glenna.  The [ was missing.   :D
Candice

cmpentecost

I remember collecting this photo in Winona.  It's the owner in the sink, and if I remember correctly, it's the only photo she has of her as a toddler.

My only question is if there is something on her left cheek (our right).  It looks like a whitish-gray line.  Otherwise, great job!

Christine

Candice

May be the way the sun is hitting.  I'll look at it again.  Thank you Christine.  When I overlayed the original it matched up completely.  Do you think I should remove the way it looks?

Candice

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

It might have been but looked more like the shadows from the sunlight in the window.  I didn't change it because it was in the original and it wasn't damage.  Should it be changed?  Your call.

Bets
Candice

Mhayes

Bets, my feeling is that the baby's cheek on your left would be darker, because of being away from the light. I thought maybe soap, but more likely damage. Nice job and that is just a very small pick!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

My guess is that the baby's face is original.  Though the picture was taken against the sun light from the window behind, there appeared to be very high reflection from the proximal side of the stainless steel sink that brightened the underside of the eyebrows, the cheeks and the chest.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Candice

Thank you Schen.  I am not a photographer, still the picture didn't indicate damage, so if I understand you correctly, you think it is the way the sun was too.

I can soften that area.  That might help it not be as pronounced.
Candice

Candice

A soft blend of the area in question.
Candice

schen

Looking great  :up:

If I were the photographer, I would have softened the contrast on the face too.

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

glennab

Betty, I think she looks wonderful, huggable and ready to head home.

Shujen, I love it when you talk technical!  Proximal!  Great word.  Into my database it goes!

Cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)