• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

It's Christmas.

Started by Tess (Tassie D), December 08, 2008, 05:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

We'd all love to see your Christmas/holiday decorations either at home or around your town so I'll start with my tree which the dog has so far knocked over 3 times.

The guilty party. :halo:

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

schen

Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Tess (Tassie D)

Schen that tree is beautiful with all the white lights.

Kiska I love yours. The little decorations around the base are lovely. Is that a tiger in the tree?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Gads, guys, this is going to be tough for a former Christmas freak and now a curmudge. 12 cats can destroy a decorated house quicker than you can say "faux paws!"  I have a few treasures that come out every year, so I'll try to find them and photograph anything that's not in shreds. (The last time we had decorations out, Lon put up the trains and Boo ate the caboose.  After turning the air blue, he packed up the remains and they've been in storage ever since. I made the mistake of thinking it was hilarious, so I was on the poo list with Boo for quite a while!)

Your trees are so lovely, Tess, Shujen and kiska.  It does make me nostalgic for the days when my son was little and we had so darn much fun over the holidays.

I think of jello cookies (my recipe was published in the St. Pete Times last year), popcorn balls, million-dollar fudge, home-made egg nog, string-ball decorations, pasta Christmas trees and Iron Man's declaration as he sat down at the table for turkey and fixin's – "I intend to hurt myself!"

Tess, I think you may have gremlins in your house.  That innocent-looking pooch couldn't possibly be the culprit knocking down your tree.  I mean, look at those eyes.  Pleeze!

Cheers!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Well, we don't have our tree up, and with a 5-month old kitten, I'm sure it will be an entertaining holiday.

This is a photo I took last week after a fresh snowfall.  We have a young pine tree on the perimeter of our yard, so I've put Christmas ornaments on it.

Chris

Candice

Candice

Deborahjc

Wow great pictures.  I love the picture of your adorable dog Tess.  They look the most adorable after committing mayhem dont you think? 

Here is my favorite from our old place in Singapore.  Our place here isnt quite done yet.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Deb

Atlantis

a photosession two years ago with our cat Luna and my oldest daughter trying to steal the chocolat
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Tess (Tassie D)

They are all so beautiful. Glenna don't you believe that innocent 'who me?' look. I got a chuckle out of Boo eating the decoration.
What is million dollar fudge? More to the point wheres the recipe?

Chris your photo is very eye catching, so bright amongst the snow. Deb yours looked great especially with the statue in it. Atlantis I don't blame your daughter one bit wanting those chocolates.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

cmpentecost

If you look closely at my ornament, our house is in the background.  We've gotten a lot of snow over the last 36 hours, so I'll try and get out with the camera for some more holiday photos.

Chris

Ausimax

This is our tree, it has had many visits from Santa, it will be celebrating its 39th Christmas this year.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Love the tree, Max.  Talk about longevity!  Another old fart like the rest of us.

Chris, your photo is awesome.  I love the red ornament against the stark white, and the reflection of your house is genius.  Great shot!

Tess:
Million Dollar Fudge (WARNING: THIS IS WAY TOO RICH AND TOTALLY ADDICTIVE)

4 1/2 cups sugar
1 large can evaporated milk
1/3 pound butter
2 packages chocolate pieces
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 pint marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 cups chopped nuts (optional)

Mix sugar, milk and butter. Boil exactly 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add chocolate pieces, chocolate squares and marshmallow creme. Stir until all is melted.  Add vanilla and nuts. Pour into a 9x12-inch greased pan. Cut when cool.  Yield: 2-3 pounds.

Eat 4 or 5 pieces.  Loosen your belt!  Enjoy!

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Tess (Tassie D)

Wow Max, how did you get your tree to last so long? My last one was a great scratching post for out cat but it tended to fall over when she tried to climb it..

Glenna that sounds oh so addictive and yummy. Guess who's going shopping later.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

weewood

This is our Christmas tree. We have a flocked tree every year, and just love it. This picture was taken last year, but it will look the same again this year. We are still decorating this year's tree. Hope you like it.

Merry Christmas, one and all, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070