• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Welcome to the OPR Workshop!

Started by John, May 21, 2006, 11:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Welcome to what we hope will be a vibrant community of volunteers sharing their techniques and ideas with each other in an effort to best restore priceless photos damaged by Hurricane Katrina.  Please pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself and then particiapte in a growing list of forums dedicated to restoring memories for those affected by last year's storm.

Tacey

Many thanks for setting up this board!

It's a wonderful place to meet, share and learn with all the volunteers for this wonderful organization.  Kudos for getting it started.

Tacey

Zawisza

Hi all!

haven't gotten any images yet, but am waiting to help!!

Great idea to set up a forum!!

Z

happyheart

Thank You, thank you, thank you!!!  for setting up this forum.  I've been reluctant to share the images on RetouchPro, as I didn't know how the owners of the photos would feel.  I'm glad to see a site where I can post an image and get feedback from other volunteers on the same mission. 
If it's artsy or Photoshop, I'll give it a try!
aka Betty

mschonher

Hi JCM,
Can you post instructions for those of us who are not adept at posting photos to the workshops? I tried to post 2 befores and afters today but I'm not sure they went through. Thanks so much fo all your good works.........Mary

John

Quote from: mschonher on July 10, 2006, 12:42:26 PM
Hi JCM,
Can you post instructions for those of us who are not adept at posting photos to the workshops? I tried to post 2 befores and afters today but I'm not sure they went through. Thanks so much fo all your good works.........Mary

Hi mschonher...

The easiest way to post a picture is if it's already hosted on a server, either your own, or on a public image hosting service such as Photobucket.com.  From there, it's just making sure that there are what they call 'image tags' around the link to the picture.

post the link to your picture with [ IMG ] at the beginning and [ /IMG ] at the end (both without spaces) and your image should appear in the forums.

Currently attachments are also allowed in the forum; however I am reviewing the impact that has on the webhosting plan and may opt to deactivate that feature if it is causing usage overages on the current plan.

Ziaphra

Is it possible to enforce a max image size of 100kb or less for the forums...?