• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What now?

Started by jacobdj, December 08, 2008, 12:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobdj

Since we do not know whether this woman is wearing a long or shorter dress,  how would you handle it?

A long dress could avoid the issue of drawing feet and shoes (and with my skills that would probably be less offensive than getting the dress wrong). But this is a 1940's photo, and it is possible the participants are alive and might recall the length of the dress.

Since the face of the person in the rear is totally obliterated, should we clone him into a wine bottle  :), crop the top of the photo.....?

This is my third restore and I have not dealt with these issue previously. Your guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis Jacobsen

Tess (Tassie D)

I can vaguely make out what looks like crossed legs at the ankles with the dress coming to the knees? I would crop the guys head out as its irrepairable and rescale back up to size.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Just for a reference, if you use a history brush set to multiply and go over the area that Tess has given, you may well find more information.

Candice

sharpshooter

Have you checked all three channels to see if any one of them has any better information?  I'm not on my photoshop computer, so I can't take a look at that.  Maybe try a couple of multiply layers to see if it brings anything to the legs, it would probably be too much for the rest of the photo, but you might at least get some information.

Good luck, this is a tough one.

Ron
PS CC, 2010 Mac Pro, Wacom fan.