• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

87 Minnesota Twins restore

Started by haleygd, December 06, 2008, 02:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haleygd

Hi all,
Got this one pretty much cleaned up though I am debating on the overall background. It almost looks like they did a greyscale with a cyan spot color. Hence the start for the background.

Thanks in advance,
Gary
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

Mhayes

Hi Gary, great job on the cleanup! I agree with you on the cyan spot color color on the background and parts of the printing. On the printing, would it be easier to have the original layer, then your restore on the next layer and do a mask where you can bush the color on the print back in?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

haleygd

I am going to try to do a color overlay when I am ready to finalize this baby. That and/or try for a duotone of the players, or both. Of course this is only the warm up before the 91 Twins poster... (actually this one was worse!)
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

haleygd

Well here is what I think will go final.  Thoughts?

I actually sent an e-mail to the Twins looking for some help, guess I finished first...

Gary

Hannie

Hi Gary,

What a great restore, that must have been a lot of work to get get the print and the logos to look so clean!

For the photo I tried to use a gradient map with the cyan color to make the whites come out a little whiter.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

haleygd

I'll give the gradient a try. As for the type well, that is what OCR is for!  ;D But I was able to adjust levels, brightness and contrast enough to get a good read for the OCR.  Guess this one is going to bed real soon.
Gary

haleygd

Hannie when I went back in I remembered I was using a color balance adjustment layer so all I had to do was drop the cyan down in the highlights.  Looks much better.  Sent back to Margie.

Gary

Mhayes

Gary, I got it and it looks great!  :up:

Thanks.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]