• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Grew Faint Over Gallery Choices

Started by PatW, December 04, 2008, 12:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatW

Gee Whiz Guys!  I looked through the galleries last night to pick a new photo and was daunted to say the least.  If there are any moderates up there, I'm sure not seeing them. 

Any new stuff on the horizon?

Pat, who is at the moment, holding the back of her hand to her forehead, trying not to swoon.

Mhayes

QUICK, SOMEONE GRAB THE SMELLING SALTS, I THINK SHE'S GOING DOWN!

Pat, we will try an get some new photos in the gallery, to keep you from fainting. The only reason we keep our numbers down in the gallery, is to keep everyone humble about their restoring abilities.  :funny: OK, not funny and the real reason is that we try to get a family's photos cleaned out first, so that the harder ones do not get passed over. We will start putting some more photos in with varying degrees of hardness, so that everyone has a chance. This is really important too, because we have students just starting out and I'm sure that what we have remaining is a scare to them too.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

PatW

Ahhh...  I believe you've caught me in the nick of time.

I wish I were competent to take on the hard core cases,  but not quite yet.  And just so you know, as tempting as it is, I no longer pounce on the "easy" (HA!) ones.  I leave those for the new victims, um, I mean volunteers....    ;D

Pat

schen

Pat,

While you are waiting, you might want to request one on the gallery now and try your luck.  In case you are not aware of the OPR return policy: "full refund with no questions asked". :D
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Pat, take a look in my gallery as I have added some new ones, which should help you feel better.

I hate to say our old refund as mentioned by Shujen is no longer in effect during the Christmas season. Returns will only be taken back within 5 minutes of arriving in your gallery (our time) or you quit or die. After Christmas, we will review our return policy. Thank you for your participation.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I've added a large group to my gallery too Pat. There should be some in there suitable for everyone.   :halo:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Thank you for the tip, Shujen.  Oh if only I'd gotten it in time...  before the generous return policy went "poof"!

And thank you Margie and Tess.  Although  I may not be able to go through them until tomorrow night, I see that we now have a veritable smorgasbord of possibilities.

Who knew that such pathetic whining would pay off! 

Pat

Atlantis

I learned that the definition of easy or moderate changed for me personally as I gained a little bit of experience the past year. My first restores that were labelled easy were still hard for me. It took me several days or weeks instead of the estimated 30 minutes.
On the other hand, now that I dare to pick harder ones, I still need to do a relatively easy photo every now and then to refill my confidence. With all the new and less experienced members I  keep telling myself to walk away from the temptation when I see a photo I could do in one or two days instead of several weeks.
The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Mhayes

Atlantis, go ahead and give in to the temptation of doing an easy one once in awhile. If you don't, than pretty soon you will either burn out or find restoring is pure drudgery! We Will try and make sure there is enough variety in the gallery.

We are also adding a lot of teachers who are getting their students involved. Some of those range in experience and those with beginners would be better to ask us for 4-5 easy photos for the entire class to start on. Otherwise the students are going to be really overwhelmed.

And Pat, I have a sense of unease with: "Who knew that such pathetic whining would pay off!"  Please stay away from MJ as she can give you tips on taking this to the next level.  :funny:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Charlene5

Quote from: MarCat on December 05, 2008, 01:08:10 PM

And Pat, I have a sense of unease with: "Who knew that such pathetic whining would pay off!"  Please stay away from MJ as she can give you tips on taking this to the next level.  :funny:

Margie

I am sitting here (with Simon the cat in my lap and he's drooling) blinking with amazement that our Margie could paint ME, the most sweet and docile of women, as and instigator   >:D   Not me!  I usually agree with anything she says to avoid having more of her Horrors appear (under mysterious circumstances) in my gallery but this time I must speak up.  (Speaking up is difficult for me  ::) )  I only ever whined once at Margie (about the ruler tool in Photoshop it was) and she's never let me forget it.   She's demented about the ruler tool.  It's her favorite.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

PatW

I regret to announce that I shall no longer be reading any posts written by Margie or MJ. 

I have pulled a muscle in my back.  It only hurts when I laugh.

Pat

Mhayes

And you would prefer a singing telegram instead?  :)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Charlene5

If Margie would deliver the singing telegram in person I'd pay good money to see that  ;D  Quick, get the hook ready!

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Tess (Tassie D)

Quote from: Charlene5 on December 06, 2008, 06:19:03 PM
If Margie would deliver the singing telegram in person I'd pay good money to see that  ;D  Quick, get the hook ready!

MJ

:funny:
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

:funny:  ow!   :funny:  Ow!   :funny:  OW!   Cut that out guys!!!!

Oh my, I just got a gallery invite for the photo I chose last night....  upon closer inspection, I see that I may never laugh again.   :'(

Pat