• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Advice please

Started by recycledhippy, December 06, 2008, 08:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recycledhippy

Could I ask advice in order to move further with this one please?
There are a number of spot/blemishes around the facial area
These I think are natural blemishes - your comments would be gratefully accepted
Any other comments always wecome

Many thx
Hippy

old.geezer

I think the dress and some other areas are too Blown out, as some of the detail is lost.
Other than that it looks great. The bottom bar on the bench could be a little neater.

Pete Bird

glennab

Hi RH

You've done a lovely job on this little doll.  While Pete's right that the dress is a bit blown out, it was that way in the original.  My suggestion, if  you want to remedy that, is to dupe the layer, set the blend to multiply and then back off on the opacity.  I found that between 70 and 80% gave good color without being too bright.  I'd then do a layer mask and leave only the dress showing, because the rest of the image's color looks fine to me.  Also, as Pete suggested, I'd clean up the shadow area on the bottom bar next to the little one so it's consistent.

As for the spot on her face, it looks natural to me.  If it were my baby, and she had a mole, I wouldn't want it removed.  If you don't see any damage around it, and it looks integrated to her face, I'd leave it.

Kudos & cheers

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

recycledhippy

Thanks for the replies

MMissus thought it was'milk' spot

So all advice taken - photo modified + returned

Many thx again

Hippy :up2: :up2: