• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Useful brushes

Started by cgillel, February 01, 2009, 03:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgillel

I haven't read all of the previous posts (I'm working on it!) but if it hasn't been
mentioned before, I have found Bruce Nagel's free Photoshop brushes handy, and
thought that they might be useful to others. He has sets for skin texture and for hair.
Often it's difficult to make those areas look natural.

You can Google to find places to download the various brush sets. Note whether or not
they will work on your version of Photoshop (the ones that I've tried don't work on
versions before 7).

Some that you might start with are Series 27 for skin, and Series 36  and 43 for hair. I've
found it helpful to make a new blank document and run a test stroke with each of the
brushes in a set, labeling it with the brush number. That way I can refer to the sheet to get
an idea of which brush might work in a particular situation, although all are adjustable in
the Brushes Palette.

Thanks to all of you for such great tips and links!

cgillel

My apologies to Mr. Nagel! His first name is David, not Bruce! I hope that no one tried to Google him yet!

Cathy

Mhayes

Thanks Cathy. Sprinkled throughout the Forum you will find references to these brushes. With time they get harder to find, but here on our Tutorial page is some great links: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/tutorials/

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]