• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What is this?

Started by DougB, November 27, 2008, 06:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougB

I need help identifying the frame at 'A'.  It looks to be in front of what looks like curtains (Point 'B')

I thought at first it could be a 'Fly Screen', which was hinged to swing out from the window, but the height doesn't look correct.

Any help appreciated! and have a good 'Thanksgiving Day'

Doug.

Deborahjc

Hi Doug,

My best guess would be a divided swing out window with a curtain behind it.  If the boys were sitting in a corner it could be from a window on a wall just to the right of the picture. 

I havent seen a whole lot of these pictures so maybe someone else out there would be able to help. 

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Deb

haleygd

I'm thinking "B" is curtains to the obvious window center/left background. Guessing "A" could be to a glassed in cabinet door that is open but off the photo to our right (like to a china cabinet).
Windows 7 & CS5 Design Premium, restoration in work photos uploaded at GaryHaley.photoshop.com

DougB

Thanks for the suggestions Deb and Haleygd, I agree it looks like something swinging in from the right, hopefully a few more ideas will come in.

Doug.

klassylady25

My guess, is that the window is open and there was a plant on the porch that was caught behind it. 

Candy

DougB

Deborahjc

Yes I can see it as a plant/ window combination or curtain, plant window combo too.  Hmm this is like a Rorschach Inkblot test.   It does look like shadowing like a fold in the curtain along the center so maybe I would go with a plant pattern on a curtain.   

I am guessing the original was a bit unclear too.   I thought the green and red channels looked a little more clear.   If you just repair it as best you can (using any clues along the way) it should be good. 

Tomorrow some of the wiser folks should be on the board.   They are eating turkey today I expect and enjoying a well deserved rest.

Good luck!

Deb

DougB

Deb.

The photo is a direct copy of the original, so not a lot to go on! 

I also dont think the frame is all that important, as there is just not enough detail in the photo to worry about.  So I can wait until tomorrow, as you say, when the 'well fed' members will be back on line.

Doug.

Charlene5

I did a rather violent Shadow/Highlight adjustment on your upload to bring up some contrast back there.  I think that your B is a frantically patterned 1950's era curtain as seen in this classic example of 50's decor:

The fat bald baby is me.

MJ
Photoshop CS5
Alienware M17X
Dying Brain Cells

Hannie

Hi Doug,

No turkey this side of the pond, I also think it a curtain behind a swing out window, the paneling is still visible.

(MJ, what a cutie you were!)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

DougB

Thanks All,

I think I will go for the curtain behind the swing out window, and thanks for the nice photo MJ (you haven't changed a bit!) very informative regarding the 'era'.

Doug.

Mhayes

Doug, you could be on tricky slope with: "you haven't changed a bit!" Remember MJ said she was fat and bald.  :funny: I think it would be safe to say she was adorable baby, especially since she hadn't started talking yet!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]