• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help Wanted - Inquire Within...

Started by PatW, November 16, 2008, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatW

I've run into a problem that has me stymied.  How can I make her legs look more natural?  I added some noise, but obviously that didn't do the trick.   I've tried skin patches, brushes & various filters.  For awhile I had a folded newspaper in the bag covering part of her legs.  It worked great until I realized that unfolded the newspaper would have been roughly the size of a  9x12 rug.  I'm on the point of being driven to drink.   Hmmmm.....   Well at least there's a silver lining.

Also, if you see any other problems, fire away. 

Thank you,  pat

Hannie

Hi Pat, I cannot sit here idle and watch you being driven to drinking!
All you have to do is add a liitle burn (4% midtones, soft brush) to the bottom part along the pants and leg.  Also a little on top of the leg.  If you do it on a duplicate layer you can experiment to what looks good.  To finish it off you can use a 50% blur, very small brush along the outlines of the leg and trousers.

What a beautiful job you have done, it looks like new!

:loveit:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

O'migosh, why didn't I think of that...  I'll give it a try.

Thank you Hannie, you are always so kind!

Pat

PatW

I don't know why I'm struggling so much with these legs, but it's been frustrating.  I'm going to bed now (It's 12:30 am here).   Hannie, please let me know what  you think.  And if anyone else wants to jump in here, fire away.

Once again the color of the posted photo doesn't quite match the one on my monitor and the print.  Both are a little darker.  Now, I'm really going to bed.

Pat

Hannie

Pat, those legs are fit for Marlene Dietrich!
Great job!
(you could darken the white strip on the bottom part of the pants just a little as well?)
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

PatW

Quote from: Hannie on November 24, 2008, 07:17:10 AM
Pat, those legs are fit for Marlene Dietrich!
Great job!
(you could darken the white strip on the bottom part of the pants just a little as well?)

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you, Hannie.  As fond as I have grown of this couple, I'm more than ready to move on.  Will work on that bottom part of her pant leg tonight.

pat