• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Texas

Started by jammagic, November 12, 2008, 12:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jammagic

Just joined and can't wait to get started.
only like HIM,

JaM

Mhayes

Hello Jammagic, welcome to OPR from Kansas. We are happy to have you and we have some really nice photos for you.  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi jammagic, welcome to the forum. Don't believe a word Margie says, I have beautiful photos. Take your pick from the galleries and we'll soon have you knee deep in 'what was I thinking'.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi Jammagic, welcome from Amsterdam as well!

Don't believe any of the above, I have the best photos for you to pick in my gallerie!  :halo:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi JaM

Welcome to OPR.

You may disregard the last three posts.  These rascals will try to sell you a bag of goods concerning their galleries, but bait & switch is the name of their game.  They'll tell you they have great, barely damaged photos in their galleries.  DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT believe them.  The muck machines run overtime, and you won't believe what they send you compared to what you see in the galleries.  I did try to raise them right, but you'll see that it just didn't take.  I love them anyway, and you will too.

Seriously, we have a wonderful group.  We work hard, but we also have a great time.  Don't hesitate to post with any questions or challenges you have.  You'll get help every time.

Glad you've joined us!

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

weewood

Welcome to the forums, Jammagic. You are going to enjoy it here. Regards, David
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

PatW

Hi Jammagic,

Welcome to the forum, you are going to like it here.  Lots of nice and very helpful people.

Pat

P.S.  GK knows whereof she speaks.   The keepers of the albums are diabolically clever in luring you to your doom. (Yet, we keep coming back.  Go figure.)

jammagic

How do I get started here?  I am not a commuter person ..but learning ...pictures is my passion, most assuredly.  I am a beginner and admittedly have tons and tons to learn, but I do pretty good work.

As for the group, I laugh and cut up with the best of them.  And offer lots of hugs along the way.

I am here...now, tell me what how to get started.  Will check back soon for replies.

hugs and prayers,

JaM magic
only like HIM,

JaM

Mhayes

Hi JaM magic,

The best way to get started is to be signed into the Forum and look at the upper left hand side of your screen for the "Official OPR Handbook." That is a link for our handbook that explains in a 22 page PDF how to navigate our system. You will see screen shots that show you how to request photos from the galleries, uploading and downloading photos on Photoshelter, basic color correction needed on photos, do's and dont's for restoring, and how to personalize information on your "Profile" on the Forum. I think you will find the handbook will answer all of your questions on getting started. . Also a very good place to start is our FAQ section: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/board,25.0.html

If you have any questions after that, drop a line on the forum and we will help you out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jammagic

I selected a photo...it is in my lightbox ..but when I hit the download ...it does nothing ....I have read and reread the download procedure and I am confused ...what am I missing .....

I am sorry to have so many questions...I am wonderful with pictures ..but horrible with this monster called a computer....

That is what jammagic is all about ...janice and michael ...I have the artistic side to do the pictures...he does the computer stuff ...but right now ..I am on my own ..he isnt feeling good...

so the key word here would be ....heeeeeeeellllllllpppp....LOL

hugs ...

jam
only like HIM,

JaM

Hannie

Jam, the problem is fixed, it should work now!
(let me know if it doesn't)

Good luck on your first OPR restore,

:loveit:

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jammagic

Hannie.....

the baby in my first opr ....I cant find anything to work with on his legs ....Can I do a cameo of the head and body thus eliminating the legs or do I find a way to restore them ...I know what I would do at home ...but this is OPR ....

Just wanting to do things right let me know ...

I am so happy to be here
only like HIM,

JaM

jammagic

Hannie ..the first thing I did with the picture was to auto fix color and lighting .....when I did...a second image appeared of the same little boy ......It does not appear to have been part of the original ....unless you tell me otherwise ...I am going to work that image out ..and focus on what I believe was the orginal....

I am new and nervous here. .can you tell .....

Calgon take me awayyyy...LOL

(but not for long Calgon gotta pick the angel up at 3..)

JaM
only like HIM,

JaM

Hannie

Hi Jam,

Glad to hear you were able to download your first OPR restore, congratulations.  Now comes the fun part...

Can you post the image so all of the volunteers can see your challenge?  If you're not sure how to get the photo into your post, check the Official OPR Handbook, the link is on the left side of this page.  I use photobucket, it's free and it is easy to set up an account.

The auto fixes are a big help sometimes but most of the time it is not the best way to correct levels, colors and contrast.  A much better method is described by Margie in the fore mentioned OPR Handbook.  You get a more accurate adjustment that way and it also is easy to change at a later stage (adjustment layer) should you want to.

(I had a quick look at your photo and noticed that the right arm of the baby is still quite visible.  You could use that arm on the left side by flipping it and with the Free Transform tool change the shape a little.) 

Good luck,

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]