• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hey from Wisconsin

Started by PhilmPhalm, November 21, 2008, 02:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilmPhalm

Hey all!
I was on the forums at NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals) and found out about Operation Photo Rescue, also read about it in Photoshop User. I'm going to give this a shot - hopefully I don't fail miserably (I'll feel really bad if I do)  :'(
I've done some photo retouching for friends and family so, although I'm no professional, I think I can fix a few photos that aren't too horribly damaged.
Anyway, [stands in heroic pose] I love a challenge and a challenge for a good cause only makes for a better challenge.   ;D
"Without challenges life would be boring and pointless."

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi PhilmPhalm, welcome to the forum. You'll definitely get some challenges here. Glad you could join us.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi PhlimPhlam

Welcome from Florida.  I guess I'd better not complain about our "chilly" weather, considering where you live.

I love your attitude about the challenges.  Believe me, you'll have your share here.  But they're wonderful challenges for incredible people who've lost most of what they own.  I can't think of a better cause for NAPP-sters to jump on, and fortunately we've acquired a league of newbies because of NAPP's attention to our cause.  I found about OPR in June '06 from the NAPP e-newsletter and couldn't wait to join. 

It's been a fantastic journey with the rest of the global crew, and I hope you find this work as rewarding and enlightening as I have.

If you run into any roadblocks, be sure to post and ask for help.  Since many of us have had to do that at one time or another, you'll find plenty of suggestions, tips and tricks coming your way. We do love to help – it's why we're here!  This is a great job.

Bless,

GK

The heroic pose is awesome!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

PhilmPhalm

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I've chosen my first image and have begun restoring it. Hopefully I can finish it before Thanksgiving.
"Without challenges life would be boring and pointless."

Mhayes

Hi PhlmPhalm,

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry if you need some help, post to the forum with your photo and you will get lots of help.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hi PhilmPhalm,

Welcome from Amsterdam!  Would love to see your restore on the forum!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]