• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with a flag

Started by Mike Hoffman, November 11, 2008, 09:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Hoffman

I'm working on the photo shown below, and the flag next to the child is pretty damaged - part of the insignia is missing, and I cannot identify what the flag is! (Probably a school?) Anyway I'm hoping someone can help indentify this flag and help me find an image of it, so I know what to reconstruct  :up:

From the metadata, the owner of this image is in Winona, MN and the child's shirt seems to indicate St Martin's, potentially a Lutheran school in that area... unfortunately I haven't found any photographs from there.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

mh++

Michael J. Hoffman
Adobe Certified Expert, Photoshop CS3

Mhayes

Mike, let me see if either Christine or Jeremiah in Winona might know.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike Hoffman

Thanks, Margie; I'll keep working meanwhile and hope that we can find a clue!

mh++
Michael J. Hoffman

JShimshak

Mike,

I found a website and address for the school... but there's not much on their website at all.
I work in Winona, so I'll print out your photo and take it over there to see if they might be able to help out.

Jeremiah Shimshak
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." – Steven Wright

Mike Hoffman

That's great, Jeremiah! I also found their website, it was very sparse and no photos... it would be good to confirm whether this picture is truly from their school at all  :) as I am just guessing.

I'll keep my ears and eyes peeled, thanks again!

mh++
Michael J. Hoffman

Mike Hoffman

Oh! I think I just figured it out:

http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/history/mnstatehistory/state_flag_of_minnesota.html

Minnestoa State Flag, duh! Of course; I guess it has been too long since I went to school :) :)

Michael J. Hoffman

JShimshak

Ahh... you beat me to it.
That's EXACTLY what it is!

I was looking at those letters... thinking ATOS... what could that possibly be?
Then it hit me... SOTA as in MINNESOTA.

Jeremiah
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." – Steven Wright