• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

For review please

Started by G3User, November 10, 2008, 12:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi Athol

I don't want you to cry, but I still think Mr. Center needs cheeks.  He appears to have quite rounded cheeks in the original (thought it's not easy to define them on the lo-res version).  The hollow area between his eyes and 'stache looks quite unnatural to me.  The only channel in which I could see much was in CMYK, cyan.  I think that lack is the reason his mustache looks too large.

As for smart objects, I really can't think of any instances where we'd use them.  We're not often importing extraneous pieces into our restorations.  They're wonderful for those of us in the trenches who have to import a postage-size logo into a piece of art and then enlarge it 200 or 300%.  Once vector art is rasterized, it acts like any other raster art.  The more one enlarges it, the more resolution is lost, especially with type.  Smart objects imbed into a Photoshop file and whether raster or vector, their crisp look is retained.  To access and change the object, one just double clicks on the icon and it opens as an adjunct to the Photoshop file.

I could see a use for smart objects when one must sneak in an outside piece of art, as in my little basketball star.  I found a Wilson pdf catalog and pulled the basketball from its pages.  It was larger than necessary, so I had no problems with it, but if it had been really small, I could have imported it as a smart object.  However, Photoshop is so powerful now that size adjustments don't have the drastic results they once had, so even then it would be a rarity to require importing a smart object.

I can't imagine not labeling layers.  I'd get so lost after creating as many as I do when attacking these restorations.  I love going into my associates' Photoshop files at work with 20 or so layers, and they're labeled Layer 1, Layer 2, Layer 3, etc.  Makes me crazy!  More crazy...

Anyway, Athol, you're nearly there.  NEED CHEEKS!

Hugs,

GK

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

G3User

Glenna, Glenna, Glenna. I have to call that a cheeky comment.

I had fattened his cheeks but have gone further and lightened his skin above the mustache as well to better show its size.

Of course the obvious question now is when did you become an expert on mustaches or would you prefer not to talk about it.

Thanks for the thoughts about smart objects, I will bear them in mind if I ever need to do a large size change. So far Photoshop seems to handle things well

Thanks

Athol

glennab

Hi Athol

Cheeky, indeed.  Nyuk nyuk.

Now your guy looks more natural to me.  Nice job.  As for any expertise on mustaches, I'm not sure I can claim any (at least I won't on the forum.  My shaving issues will stay in Gulfport, Florida, thank you so much!)

My opinion is that this family is ready to head home.  Fine work, my friend.

Hugs

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)