• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Suggestions

Started by Graphx, November 06, 2008, 02:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graphx

I have a collar on this dress which I don't know how to fix besides finding me a simular collar and replacing it. It not only has green paint on it but what looks like straw to. It's so close to the edge that it's hard to clean it up.
Larry

glennab

Hi Larry,

Can you post the image so we can see your challenge?  If you're not sure how to get the photo into your post, check the handbook.  I use photobucket, and have had great luck using that site as the repository for my images. It's free and setting up your account is a breeze. Once we can see the collar, I'm sure you'll have plenty of advice.  I'll watch for you.

Cheers,

GK
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

lurch

Since every image presents different challenges, it would help a lot if you could post the one you're having problems with. If you're having trouble posting, Tess has provided some great tutorials.
<C>

Oops, Glenna beat me to it!
<C>

Graphx

Okay I think I've got photobucket set up, Now hopefully the pictures will show up now.

IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/Graphx2/FontenelleB_14_8x115.jpg[/IMG]  Before
IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq355/Graphx2/Fix.jpg[/IMG] After

Graphx

kiska

Graphx, good start. There are a couple of things you still need to do.

1. DELETE the personal info of the photo owner. Go to file>file info, then delete. This is when posting for comments ONLY. That info needs to remain in place on the completed restored version you upload to Photoshelter.

2. It's best to color correct FIRST, before any retouching.
Click the levels adjustment layer.
Go into each channel and bring the white and black point to where the graph starts to peak. This usually gets you in the ball park.

3. When restoration is complete it's good to zoom in to 150-200% to check for spots and clone "tracks". Heal 'em, heal 'em!   :loveit:

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Graphx

Thank You For your suggestions! I wanted to know about the collar of the dress. I'm just wondering whether I should replace the collar or can it be fixed? I think this time instead of using the magenta channel I will try to use the black channel both kind of clean the green color out.
Larry

weewood

Larry,,,I think the collar should be fixed. If you can't get the color out, you might have to do some cloning. Regards, David  :cool:
David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070

Hannie

Hi Larry, it must be hard to get rid of green damage on a dress with green patterns in the fabric!  I agree with David that you should keep the collar, there seems to be very little damage from what I can see here on the forum but I know that can be deceiving...

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]